WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farley Can't Close Out When It Counts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Farley Can't Close Out When It Counts

Originally posted by run&blade View Post
    True. He is a great kicker.
    We need someone who can boot an 85 yard FG when the game is on the line!

Comment

I don't know who even calls the plays on offense since we have co-coordinators. I was frustrated by the last 6 plays we called down 1. Especially when we had 3 timeouts. But I wasn't going to bring it up after how "popular" the last post was.

Regardless, I'm proud of the team today.
      Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Twin City Panther...........really??

This is the way the "byezon" play. They hang around until the end and hope they score.

Obviously, Kollmorgen was off and Johnson was nicked. AND there's nothing more disheartening than a teammate going down in a big way. Better to lose now and get over the loss..........hmmm didn't NDSU do that the last two years.

That's all I've got today.
        Always a UNI Panther.

"Don't weigh em, don't measure em, just play em."

Comment

Without going through this whole thread....we played a damn good team, on the road, with almost everyone back from a NC. We led most of the game, and lost. Big damn whoop. This doesn't end our year, by a mile. Get over it, and move on.

Comment

I don't understand why, with three minutes left and three timeouts (and all you need is a field goal) that you would just throw the traditional playbook out the window and go 5 wide and throw throw throw throw throw.

Just run the regular offense. Be patient, you have time. Just do what you KNOW you CAN do.

Comment

Originally posted by DomeIsHome View Post
              I don't understand why, with three minutes left and three timeouts (and all you need is a field goal) that you would just throw the traditional playbook out the window and go 5 wide and throw throw throw throw throw.

Just run the regular offense. Be patient, you have time. Just do what you KNOW you CAN do.
              We were getting beaten up front, that's why. NDSU didn't have a big advantage, but just enough that when it counted, they put pressure on Kolmorgan. If it was a grass field, his jersey would've been stained.

Comment

Originally posted by DomeIsHome View Post

Great post

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                  Without going through this whole thread....we played a damn good team, on the road, with almost everyone back from a NC. We led most of the game, and lost. Big damn whoop. This doesn't end our year, by a mile. Get over it, and move on.
                  Thank you. It hurts... no doubt. But there is a lot of season left and we are a better football team than letting one game define our season.

I used to babysit Jake Farley. That was heartbreaking to see that.
                  "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

UNI was tired. I bet they drinks too much beer.

Comment

We were getting beaten up front, that's why. NDSU didn't have a big advantage, but just enough that when it counted, they put pressure on Kolmorgan. If it was a grass field, his jersey would've been stained.
                      All the more reason to keep a running back (maybe not even Johnson) in the backfield to help pick up the rush. Granted this is what they did on the final "drive," but I'll say that that was more out of desperation than anything else.

With 3 minutes left, 3 timeouts, and only needing a 50-yard field goal, I don't understand throwing it in a 5-wide formation. Unless Johnson was hurt. And even then, I only 50% understand it.

/drunk post.
                      //will recant if it doesn't make sense tomorrow.

Comment

But then they were able to tee off on him because there was nothing to keep them honest.
                        Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Originally posted by SpanishMoon View Post
                          No, that's your team....you know...Iowa.

Comment

Originally posted by run&blade View Post
                            Next year there should be no excuses. Ndsu loses a lot and uni will have the big guns back.
                            I would prefer to beat the best with their best players than being the best in a weaker field.

This is only one loss and the Panthers still have a few remaining tough games left, starting next week. Take time to feel bad, mad or whatever and then regroup and refocus next week.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanishMoon View Post
                              Wow. Of all the threads to sling some stuff, Spanish Moon comes out of the woodwork. Good to hear from you, although I don't agree with your post. Which is OK, because I'd start to wonder about myself I did.

Comment

Play calling the last two drives was crazy - like we were in panic mode. At least keep a rb in the backfield, to chip a rusher.

sent from my NSA monitored Samsung Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk for one percenters

Comment

Working...
                                X