WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Football Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is an article in the inforum paper (fargo) covering that topic. It is behind a paywall.

TE from SDSU and a couple of players from JMU were cited. In addition to UNI.

Comment

• I'll be interested in what Trey Lance does as this situation plays out. I don't buy him transferring but there sure is a lot of speculation about his future.

Comment

• SDSU's Cade Johnson is graduating after the fall semester and entered the portal a week ago.
        "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

• Whatever happens, Lance is going Pro at the end of the year. I don't care how much you want to help your current team, when you're in the top-3 in your position, go into the draft. When you're in the top-3 in your position and you play quarterback, you don't hesitate, you go into the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

We obviously don’t agree on the subject of shutdowns, and probably vote drastically differently. I’m perfectly fine with that.

Out of curiousity, what is the magic bullet you seem to espouse that would’ve conquered Covid by now? It seems you’ve got all the answers, let’s read them.
            Magic bullet? I hope you're kidding. Back in March and April when nobody really knew what was going on with this thing, you could excuse a government or country for flailing a bit. Now we're in August, and MANY countries have implemented strategies that have gotten COVID under control. South Korean fans are attending baseball games again, for example. I don't need to list their methods here; do the reading yourself - it's easily accessible. Our biggest problems as a country have been two fold: 1) complete lack of leadership and a systematic plan for knocking this thing out. 2. lack of committment from ALL of our citizens to do what is necessary to knock this thing out. We don't get the economy back until we bite the bullet, do the WORK, and get public health to an acceptable level again. Anything else is a pipe dream and putting out fires a bit at a time as we deal with this for years.
            Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
            Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
            - George Halas

Comment

• Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post

Magic bullet? I hope you're kidding. Back in March and April when nobody really knew what was going on with this thing, you could excuse a government or country for flailing a bit. Now we're in August, and MANY countries have implemented strategies that have gotten COVID under control. South Korean fans are attending baseball games again, for example. I don't need to list their methods here; do the reading yourself - it's easily accessible. Our biggest problems as a country have been two fold: 1) complete lack of leadership and a systematic plan for knocking this thing out. 2. lack of committment from ALL of our citizens to do what is necessary to knock this thing out. We don't get the economy back until we bite the bullet, do the WORK, and get public health to an acceptable level again. Anything else is a pipe dream and putting out fires a bit at a time as we deal with this for years.
              Of course I was being sarcastic. By the way, South Korea is seeing an “alarming” (media’s word) spike in cases just in the last few days. Same with Italy, where new shutdowns of certain businesses are being implemented due to a large rise in positives. Hence the reason for my sarcasm - there is no magic bullet cure or government policy to stop this. Anyone claiming otherwise, or who claims to know the future, is blowing smoke. There are people on the left claiming the government could’ve stopped this in it’s tracks in Mar/April. Bull****. It seems the best we can do for now is to flatten the curve, which is far different from stopping it. Personally, I think the public mask mandate is something worth trying, and can’t understand why some on the conservative fringes are opposed. That’s one of the more “non-invasive” things (both personally and economically) that would be easy to implement. The fringe left is equally lacking on realistic ideas.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

Of course I was being sarcastic. By the way, South Korea is seeing an “alarming” (media’s word) spike in cases just in the last few days. Same with Italy, where new shutdowns of certain businesses are being implemented due to a large rise in positives. Hence the reason for my sarcasm - there is no magic bullet cure or government policy to stop this. Anyone claiming otherwise, or who claims to know the future, is blowing smoke. There are people on the left claiming the government could’ve stopped this in it’s tracks in Mar/April. Bull****. It seems the best we can do for now is to flatten the curve, which is far different from stopping it. Personally, I think the public mask mandate is something worth trying, and can’t understand why some on the conservative fringes are opposed. That’s one of the more “non-invasive” things (both personally and economically) that would be easy to implement. The fringe left is equally lacking on realistic ideas.
                True. Remember when travel bans were xenophobic. Masks are going to be part of our lives and those that can't accept that need to realize that wearing pants into a store is also a requirement.
                If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

• Agree with Stein. There's no government policy to stop this thing.

You can lengthen the curve and do a lot of economic and public health damage in the process.

Or you can let it burn too fast and possibly overwhelm local healthcare capacity.

But in the end it's going to burn through a certain % of the population until it runs out of susceptible hosts. Just like every other airborne respiratory virus does.

Governments have tried extremes on both ends but in the end no one will be able to hide from it.

Unfortunately in America we have a lot of bad health habits that set us up for a bit of an ass kicking. More education for people on how diet and lifestyle protect you from COVID, flu, etc would be a really good thing.
                  ​​

​​​​​

​​​​
                  Last edited by Blue42; 08-18-2020, 12:02 PM.
                  Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• https://gobison.com/news/2020/8/24/n...s-in-2020.aspx

Hmmmmm. Makes me dream about a UNI / Bizon game that would be a defacto FCS national championship!

Comment

• Reading that NDSU news release, it is hard to believe they have only "3000 season ticket account owners" given the 18,000 people they usually have in attendance.

Comment

• Lots of them have multiple seats. Just as we probably do. I know on AGS some will talk about their seats, and having around 10 seats isn't unusual. Probably group up due to donation rules.

Comment

• The b10 is now talking of reversing course and playing again with games starting around Thanksgiving. Heads spinning yet? You have to remember how the virus magically goes away after the election. And what will the sheep reaction be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post
                            The b10 is now talking of reversing course and playing again with games starting around Thanksgiving.
                            ESPN is reporting that the conference is looking at playing at indoor venues such as Lucas Oil stadium in Indy, US bank stadium in Minneapolis and Ford Field in Detroit. The article also mentions that the Carrierdome in Syracuse, the Superiordome at Northern Michigan and the UNIdome at Northern Iowa are also within the B10 footprint.

"They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post
                              The b10 is now talking of reversing course and playing again with games starting around Thanksgiving. Heads spinning yet? You have to remember how the virus magically goes away after the election. And what will the sheep reaction be?
                              I do consider a certain inhabitant of the White House to be a virus, and certainly hope it goes away soon.

Comment

• NDSU just announced 10,000 fans for its Oct 3 game vs UCA in the Fargodome.

No tailgating though.. which sucks since its outside.

Furthermore.. if NDSU can put 10,00 into a stadium for 1 game, why can't they do that for 5-6 games. or UNI, etc?
                                UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Working...
                                X