WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

  • You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 2- at Sacramento State

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Game 2- at Sacramento State

    8:00 CST ESPN+
    Hornet Stadium, Sacramento, CA

    Last week:
    Sacramento State 19 Dixie State 7
    #7 FBS Iowa State 16 #21 FCS UNI 10

    Discuss.
    #MACtion

  • #2
    Should be a win, but also not a push over, the travel, and somewhat later start concerns me a little bit.

    Comment


    • #3
      We have played some horrendous games out West the last few years. This a greatly important game to the direction of our season.

      It will tell a lot about our team if we can go out there with focus and execution, coming off the ISU game. This is a game on paper that we should handle.

      I look for us to play a clean game, run the football and get some takeaways and fly home with a W.
      UNI FIGHT

      Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

      Comment


      • #4
        They're going to try to run the ball at us all night. Might want to ask Breece Hall how that works out.

        We dominate up front and get out of there with a win that looks more dominant than the score.

        UNI 17
        Sac 3
        Last edited by BCPanther; 09-10-2021, 02:05 PM.
        #MACtion

        Comment


        • #5
          Just pulled a depth chart. They're tiny up front on both sides.

          LT-6-5 292
          LG-6-3 281
          C-6-3 305
          RG-6-3 295
          RT-6-4 290

          DE-6-4 253
          DT-6-3 278
          DT-6-4 281
          DE-6-2 228
          #MACtion

          Comment


          • #6
            I watched their Dixie State game and they looked far less than anything close to impressive.

            First season as a D1 program for Dixie State and it was ugly to watch. Both teams were insanely small and looked very slow up front. If Dixie State had a QB that could place a ball about a half yard shorter on deep throws they run away with the game. The back 7 of Sac was getting burned on nearly every play, the QB and OL of DSU just wasn't good enough to do anything with it.
            GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by clenz View Post
              If Dixie State had a QB that could place a ball about a half yard shorter on deep throws they run away with the game. The back 7 of Sac was getting burned on nearly every play, the QB and OL of DSU just wasn't good enough to do anything with it.
              So the $6M question will be can we find a way to get the ball down field and exploit this? I would love to see some big yardage numbers from Weston tomorrow night.
              If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post

                So the $6M question will be can we find a way to get the ball down field and exploit this? I would love to see some big yardage numbers from Weston tomorrow night.
                Oh, yeah! Our coaches have a plan cooked up to eat it alive.
                Which winning percentage is better: 61% or 65%?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by clenz View Post
                  I watched their Dixie State game and they looked far less than anything close to impressive.

                  First season as a D1 program for Dixie State and it was ugly to watch. Both teams were insanely small and looked very slow up front. If Dixie State had a QB that could place a ball about a half yard shorter on deep throws they run away with the game. The back 7 of Sac was getting burned on nearly every play, the QB and OL of DSU just wasn't good enough to do anything with it.
                  Sounds like a perfect opportunity for Will to show off his ability and prove the doubters (like me) a nice dinner of crow. I want to see us make a statement against a quality FCS program that hasn't been getting much respect recently after sitting out the spring season

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Couple great opening runs by Williams!

                    And then two incomplete passes end the drive. Gotta have that second one.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Fumble! Panthers’ ball.
                      "Well, that escalated quickly."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You know it’s a quality broadcast when one of the impact players for us had to give up the sport because of injuries

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          TD Panthers! The ball is moving well with the run right now. Keep running all day.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kochrab View Post
                            TD Panthers! The ball is moving well with the run right now. Keep running all day.
                            *That* was nice blocking for the TD. McShane nearly outran his blockers - that play requires patience by the runner.
                            "Well, that escalated quickly."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                              You know it’s a quality broadcast when one of the impact players for us had to give up the sport because of injuries
                              I must've missed it. Who did they have on there?

                              Also the classic analysis of, "You don't....you don't want to turn the ball over...."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X