WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI basketball floor for sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNI basketball floor for sale

https://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/au...ew?auc=2123895

Historic floor for sale.

Cut those 4X8 sections in half to 4X4 squares and sell them for $50 each, raise $25K. Current bid is $5K. Have to allow each to display some UNI symbol and info, rather than disallowing it. Since it would be sold as souvenirs/mementos, not to be used as a whole floor, that should not be a problem.
    GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Definitely a big opportunity here for someone with the right space, tools, and know-how.

Comment

Market 1/2 to UNI fans and 1/2 to Michigan State fans (at 2x the price).

MSU qualified for the Final 4 on that wood.

Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

So I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the funding for the new floor came in, right?

Comment

The funding was never not there.
            "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
            -A twist on Matt Campbell getting Iowa State bowl eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
              Cut those 4X8 sections in half to 4X4 squares and sell them for $50 each, raise $25K. Current bid is $5K. Have to allow each to display some UNI symbol and info, rather than disallowing it. Since it would be sold as souvenirs/mementos, not to be used as a whole floor, that should not be a problem.
              I'd definitely buy a piece of that floor for $50.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherAlum 2008 View Post

I'd definitely buy a piece of that floor for $50.

And sell each section with a nice framed letter of authenticity that tells the history of the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post

And sell each section with a nice framed letter of authenticity that tells the history of the floor.
                  I looked through the auction terms and see as a condition of sale that all logos (including UNI and NCAA, etc. ) must be removed before reusing or selling. It is a great idea for a fundraiser by reselling floor but would be massive undertaking to come into fruition.

Comment

Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post

I looked through the auction terms and see as a condition of sale that all logos (including UNI and NCAA, etc. ) must be removed before reusing or selling. It is a great idea for a fundraiser by reselling floor but would be massive undertaking to come into fruition.

Yeah, I saw that. I thought a separate letter of authentication (with a big UNI logo on it) would make a nice supplement to the floor itself with the logo removed.

Comment

If someone can afford to buy the floor, cut it up, and make it presentable for a man-cave, etc. they can also afford the licencing agreement to add UNI/NCAA logos, or partner with a business that already has a licencing agreement.

Comment

Working...
                      X