WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 17 Drake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 17 Drake

No game thread and we're at the under 4 min TV timeout? Wow, apathy indeed...

Anyway, UNI playing okay from what I can tell on ESPN "play-by-play", up by 7 with 2:58 left in the first half.

I don't have access ESPN+ or other outlets that may be showing the game so I can't see how the boys are playing.

Played good D for most of the half. Drake scored on five of their last 6 possesions. Offense was bleh as usual. Missed a number of open shots which is pretty standard. If Haldeman could get his mojo back that would be huge. Missed some wide open shots badly. I know you got it in you Spence! Make it happen.

Comment

The crowd is good in terms of number. Still sitting on their hands every time the team needs them.

Comment

Glad to hear the fans came out to support the team, hopefully we go on a bit of a run and they get more engaged.

Comment

AJ needs to be more efficient. You were a 4 star Recruit, time to shoot like it. Team looks pretty good today and Dahl continues to play so good minutes.

Comment

I can't see anything about JD's play that would explain why we haven't played him more.

His big body is a handful for other teams.

And he works his arse off.
            Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Someone going to step up and make some plays down the stretch, or are we just going to fade away again?

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
                Someone going to step up and make some plays down the stretch, or are we just going to fade away again?
                It appears based on the box score only that Trae or Luke seem to be playing the best - solid offensive numbers & hitting the boards. Seems like Green and Lohaus are playing pretty inconsistent ball.

Comment

Held on barely, UNI goes scoreless the final 6:18, that's not going to cut it most nights. Thank goodness Drake was equally cold (or really good defense).

Comment

Neither team scores even 1 point in the last 5:40. Wow.
                    Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                    Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                    - George Halas

Comment

27.8 FG % for AJ.... That's rough. Berhow, Luke, and Dahl played nice. No one wanted to win this game at the end with how poor the shooting was. AJ had a chance to seal the game with 1 and 1 and missed. Lucky to get the W but I guess we'll take it and move forward.

Comment

Well no one stepped up on offense, but other than some rebounding issues the defense was near perfect the last five minutes.

Wish we wouldn't go cold in the last five minutes like that though. Same thing happened vs. SIU. SOMEONE has to make a play.

But at this point beggars can't be choosers.

Comment

Keep finding a way to grind out W's boys. We need 9+ W's in the conference.

Woulda like to see a play run to get Berhow a shot there late. His stroke looked good today.

AJ's gotta start dropping shots. Or you gotta pull back the green light a bit.

McDonnell played a heck of a game. Some big boards and D late.

How bout Spencer's FT...shades of Wes vs Evansville.
                          Last edited by Blue42; 01-13-2019, 05:15 PM.
                          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Had some terrific stretches of offense and defense today and some, well, not so great. Happy to have gotten the W! Heck of a game out of Dahl and McDonnell. Dahl has especially come a long way and is looking sharp.

Comment

Loyola and Valpo atop the league. Lord help me.

Comment

Working...
                              X