WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Atmosphere at Missouri State game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Atmosphere at Missouri State game

The crowd seemed to be the best the team has seen and it was great. The highlight of the game was when they had the music turned up and everyone was singing take me home country roads and the place was rocking. And they played the interlude which got the crowd going. Then the next time out no music at all. You have to keep the crowd going don’t keep bringing down the hype with no good music and volume. We have to deal with the same old games like the bikes and the blind fold game which if your there every game you are sick of them. You don’t even pay attention. Please give us something new and fun.
    Last edited by PanthersMBB; 02-04-2019, 01:20 PM.

Crowd was great late! Really loud for being 1/2 - 2/3 full. (Not sure the attendance - just my estimate.)
    We No Speak Americano would be a fun song for a time out.

(It's the vegetable-stealing song from the Peter Rabbit movie.)

Comment

Keep that Under 8 timeout as a sing along. Pull out Journey and Sweet Caroline, etc.

John Denver was the MVP the other night.
      #MACtion

Comment

It looked good on TV - or at least my phone that I was watching on.

Didn't know if it was the dark shirts making the crowd look full, the lights around the bowl being lower (as they should be every game), or the crowd being more full. It looked good
        GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

Attended my first game of the season Saturday night.

Still love the McLeod Center for college hoops.

Crowd did a great job of coming to life late in the game. Place was kinda rocking.
          ​
          ​​​​​​Student section was VERY light. But the pep band did a nice job. They were having fun and got into it late. Big pep band too.

If we could ever get that arena to 75% of capacity on a regular basis...damn it would be a tough place to play. It gets loud in there in a hurry.
          Last edited by Blue42; 02-04-2019, 06:22 PM.
          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
            Attended my first game of the season Saturday night.

Still love the McLeod Center for college hoops.

Crowd did a great job of coming to life late in the game. Place was kinda rocking.
            ​
            ​​​​​​Student section was VERY light. But the pep band did a nice job. They were having fun and got into it late. Big pep band too.

If we could ever get that arena to 75% of capacity on a regular basis...damn it would be a tough place to play. It gets loud in there in a hurry.
            The first of the season for me as well. Agree that pep band was bringing it - my family joined in by the end on their traveling chant - it was fun, clean, and they did it about a dozen times that night! Still very sad to see so few other students there, especially since the sports pass is baked into the tuition. Wish that was the case when I was there.

I thought the crowd was fine, though I cringe to hear it may have been the best of the year. I felt like there wasn’t much energy until about 6 minutes to go, then it got pretty intense at the end.

As far as timeout entertainment, the kid almost won 10k but clanked the half courter. The Roling Motors promotion actually got more lame since last year, and I’ve never seen anyone be so bad at the UB&S blindfold game.

PLEASE no more Sweet Caroline! Other than that, loud music = good.

Comment

Luke McDonnell said post game on the UNI twitter account that he heard Missouri State players complaining that they couldn't hear play call communication. That's the impact a crowd has.

As far as some of those promotions go. Jerry Rolling for example. They give a lot of money to have that promo in there. UNI can try and persuade them to manage the promo a certain way, but in the end, it's the sponsors say in what the contest looks like. Now, I wasn't able to be at this one due to my son's basketball tournament, but the game I was at before that, they moved some of those contests to half time, which freed up 2nd half timeouts for cheerleaders, music and pep band. I thought that was a great change. I'm not sure if they are able to do that every game, but it was noticeably an improvement.
              "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Working...
              X