WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI MBB offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UNIAlum2010 View Post

I actually noticed this as well but it does look like a mistake. He has Freeman as an incoming freshman that will average 2 ppg. Something is a little messed up.
    Are these way too early projections based on statistics or just his opinions? I'd just be surprised if we are that high just on statistical measures, unless it heavily weighs returning players and experience.

Obviously at this point these projections are just for fun. Really not something to draw conclusions from

Comment

• Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post

Are these way too early projections based on statistics or just his opinions? I'd just be surprised if we are that high just on statistical measures, unless it heavily weighs returning players and experience.

Obviously at this point these projections are just for fun. Really not something to draw conclusions from

Here is his full write-up if you are interested but he essentially uses players returning and incoming D1 transfers and distributing the minutes statistically. Then figures out the usage/efficiencies based on previous years with likely a little improvement each year. Freshman are barely factored in unless they are a very highly rated recruit.

As you said it is all fun and games but you can draw the conclusion that we have more proven D1 talent returning than any MVC team currently.

Comment

• It might not be perfect projection method, but I think it's fair to say we ended the last season playing at level of about 90-110, so projecting a ranking of about 75 when we get almost everyone back next year, seem pretty close.

Comment

• Mizzou State got another grad transfer from Colorado State this morning.

Dana is playing the 'load up on transfers, win and get the hell out of Springfield' game. We'll see how it works out for a charming guy like him.
          #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
            The good part is that I don't think that he will be called on to play as big of a role as some on here think. Spencer will move more into Wyatt's role next year, and Tywhon will be able to play more minutes than he did this year, hopefully. You also have to figure we will play more with two forwards, and three guards this year having Phyfe back, but still play a lot of 4 guard looks. My guess is that he plays 10-12 minutes per game.

Right now I would guess the minute distribution will look like this.

AJ- 31 mpg
            Isaiah- 28 mpg
            Trae- 28 mpg
            Phyfe- 25 mpg
            Haldeman- 25 mpg
            Pickford 23 mpg
            McDonnell 18 mpg
            Kimmons 12 mpg
            Dahl 5 mpg
            Goldman 5 mpg

This could change if another freshman doesn't redshirt, but part of me thinks that all of the others will redshirt.

Not sure what I would do differently, but it just doesn't feel right to have Dahl only getting 5 minutes. Maybe lessen Phyfe's because of foul trouble and take a few away from McDonnell to give Dahl 10.

Comment

• Joey hauser is transferring. I understand we have no shot with no ships left but found it interesting as he does have ties to AJ. he will end up at a power 5. Interesting why they have so many kids transfer.

Comment

• Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
                Joey hauser is transferring. I understand we have no shot with no ships left but found it interesting as he does have ties to AJ. he will end up at a power 5. Interesting why they have so many kids transfer.
                Not just Joey ... his brother Sam is also transferring out of Marquette.
                "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

• I would kill up to 3 people to get the Hausers. Not going to happen but, man, can you imagine their skill sets in this offense....
                  #MACtion

Comment

• Just for fun, this way too early projection has us as a 14 seed next year.

The best way to deal with the sadness and emptiness that comes with the end of another college hoops season is by looking ahead to next year, so Jim put together a bracket based on the very little info we have thus far…

Comment

• Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post
                      Just for fun, this way too early projection has us as a 14 seed next year.

https://www.three-man-weave.com/3mw/...cketology-2020
                      in st. louis no less I'll take it!

Comment

• Just saw Smits from Valpo ended up at Butler. Benson went from Northwestern to SIU.

Comment

• Javon Freeman-Liberty is no long leaving Valpo, big news for them. Maybe didn't get the interest we all thought he would get?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post
                            Javon Freeman-Liberty is no long leaving Valpo, big news for them. Maybe didn't get the interest we all thought he would get?
                            He wanted to go to Northwestern and couldn't get in to school.
                            #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

He wanted to go to Northwestern and couldn't get in to school.
                              Wondered if academics was the issue. MVC is going to have a bounceback year this year. Valpo might not be completely worthless and drag down the conference like we thought. Missouri State, Evansville, Bradley, and SIU all brought in quality pieces.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post
                                Javon Freeman-Liberty is no long leaving Valpo, big news for them. Maybe didn't get the interest we all thought he would get?
                                I thought it was funny how happy they all were when it was announced yesterday. Tough to have a winning program when you have to recruit your own players every year.
                                UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                                iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Working...
                                X