WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MVC Off Season News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC Off Season News

Moser offered the St John's job.

https://twitter.com/Andrew__Slater/s...735672832?s=19

It'll be interesting to see if he takes it...

Source on Porter Moser: He’s not sure if he wants the @StJohnsBBall job and will meet with Loyola first before making any decisions.
    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

So he is seeing how much of a raise he can get out of Loyola.

Comment

Ugh. Expectations of New York fans are still higher for St. John's (for no good reason) than Chicago fans for Loyola (with good reason). I would not want to go into that quagmire.

Comment

If he takes the St Johns job, he will be back coaching in the Horizon League in 3 years.
          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Best to go the Keno route and get a big pay day before you get exposed.

Porter's career record without Bryan Mullins as a full assistant (not just DOBO)? 161-175

Sure, he'll last 3 years at St John's and end up at a Jesuit Mid-Major somewhere but he'll have 10-15 million more dollars in the bank when he does it.
            #MACtion

Comment

Yea was thinking that's a very underwhelming hire for St John's. Seems their fans feel the same way.

Nothing is set in stone yet though

Comment

Not sure if true, but one hell of a raise if it is...

Heard St. John's was willing to give Loyola-Chicago's Porter Moser a significant raise from the reported $900,000 he made last year. Above $2 million per season. @Andrew__Slater reporting it's an 8-year deal. #sjubb
                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                  Not sure if true, but one hell of a raise if it is...

Heard St. John's was willing to give Loyola-Chicago's Porter Moser a significant raise from the reported $900,000 he made last year. Above $2 million per season. @Andrew__Slater reporting it's an 8-year deal. #sjubb
                  Most recent offer reported is 8 years 2.5 million...woof

Comment

Is Moser even a top 3 coach in the Valley? I'm sure you could argue either way.

What an insane offer, he'd have to be crazy to turn that down

Comment

Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

Most recent offer reported is 8 years 2.5 million...woof

Interesting article.

"St. John’s chews up and spits out coaches. It’s hard to win there. You need airtight New York connections to have a chance. Moser is Midwest through and through."

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...416-story.html

Comment

Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post

In 10 years he's been a head coach in the Valley, he's 74-101 in league games. I get that he had Loyola's transition years but that's still not great.
                        #MACtion

Comment

He's staying...an interesting, but noble decision nonetheless

Comment

A lot of respect for that decision. He built it, more lets see if he can sustain it.

Comment

Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post

He took a mid major team to the FF. He was able to recognize and sign higher ceiling recruits, including several with length and athleticism that’s a bit rare at the mid major level (also partially explains the FF run). Also, look at his teams’ MVC road record. His teams are mentally tough, which good analysts will tell you is the key to road wins. If all that doesn’t at least equal top three, then I don’t know what the hell does.

Comment

Working...
                              X