WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MVC Off Season News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way I see it, Loyola was genuinely a good team in the 2018 NCAA tournament. Probably about a 6 or 8 seed. in order to get to the final four, they were VERY lucky.
    First, the top 1,2,4 seeds lost. Very fortunate.
    Second, when they played the 6, 3, 7, and 9 seeds, three of those games they won by 1 or 2 points. All down to the wire and really 50/50 games. The last (9 seed Kstate) they took over and won by 16. That game could have been against Virginia, Arizona, or maybe Kentucky.

They pulled out 3 50/50 games. Then they got a win that based on their dominance let’s give them a 75% chance of winning. But that win was made possible by super unlikely losses. Let’s say only a 20% chance of the top four seeds losing in the first two rounds of a region.
    Just looking at what happened in the dance, their chances of doing that were probably about 2%.

Then add that to get in, they beat a 16-16 UNI team by 4 points in the MVC that year. They got VERY LUCKY in 2018 and I was and am SUPER HAPPY for them.

Comment

I heard someone close to Bo Ryan at Wisconsin say that he would explain that he didn't have to have a great team to make the Final Four. He just needed a team that could consistently get to the NCAA Tournament. From there, its just a matter of winning 4 games in a row. Loyola did just that last year. And Virginia this year.

Comment

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere but Brian Jones left North Dakota and took the Associate head coach position at Illinois St.
        "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Originally posted by domedays View Post
          Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere but Brian Jones left North Dakota and took the Associate head coach position at Illinois St.
          That's an...interesting move to make, even if the MVC is a better conference than the Big Sky.

I wonder how much of a pay upgrade is involved?

Comment

Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post

That's an...interesting move to make, even if the MVC is a better conference than the Big Sky.

Not pay related, wanted to be able to be home more for his kids, said in the article when it was announced this new position would allow him to do that.

Comment

UND left the Big Sky and joined the Summit League
              Last edited by vbfan19; 06-23-2019, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Interesting news for Missouri St, their 4 star commit will be there a year early...

Four-star Missouri State commit Ford Cooper will reclassify from the 2020 class to 2019. High IQ point guard that can really pass.
                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Dana doing whatever he can possibly do to not be in Springfield in 2020-21.
                  #MACtion

Comment

Can't get fired if you quit first....
                    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Can't get fired if you quit first....
                      From sources I have...

Can confirm.
                      GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X