WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJ Green Signs Two-way Deal with Milwaukee Bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by run&blade View Post
    If he ends up making a regular GLeague contract of $37,000 ( so says Google ) he damn well should have went to Duke.

he would have made more money at Duke, played against better competition, and had more exposure.

I thought he had a guaranteed two way deal which pays $500,00@ ( so says Google )
    He signed a two-way deal, but my understanding is that they are not guaranteed and players can be cut at any time. Players are paid a prorated amount of that $500,000 for the time they are under contract for the two-way deal. I think he officially signed the contract on July 5.

Comment

He's guaranteed to be on the two way through training camp so he's going to pocket $150k even if he would get cut after that.

He had nothing to gain by coming back to college. 23 year olds don't get drafted and he obviously knew that the Bucks were coming with the two way. It was time to go play against full grown men.

I'm just as guilty as anyone in overreacting to two summer league games. If the Bucks didn't really like him they wouldn't have immediately picked him up the minute the Draft was over. There's also a million other things that we don't see outside of the actual games. I wouldn't worry about Wigginton and Mamu, they fill vastly different roles and in Mamu's case especially, he really duplicates other guys on the roster that are signed for long term deals.

Now lets hope he and Zay both go off tonight.
      #MACtion

Comment

I could be way off, but I'd guess they knew he'd need some time to adjust. If they saw him as a contributor right away, he'd be playing more minutes. Even game 1 when he started 4-4 from 3, he only played 15 minutes. BC's comments on Grayson Allen really make sense in that regard too - sign AJ to take Grayson's place, give him a little time to develop and contribute in the future. It's been frustrating to watch because every miss I've seen him take either rattles in and out or is just a hair strong. It feels like he just needs to see a shot or two fall and he'll get hot. It would really be nice to see that 1st game 1st half AJ return tonight. Maybe Isaiah will see the floor tonight and have a chance to guard him.
        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

AJ shooting well tonight. Isaiah getting some minutes for Dallas as well.
          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Great game for AJ so far. His team has had a lot of turnovers tonight though.

Comment

15 points. 3 boards. 1 assist (that should have been 4 if guys could make shots).

He's done everything he's needed to do this week for the Bucks to see they made the right choice with another game on Sunday.

Bring on camp and exhibition games.
              #MACtion

Comment

Great game by AJ tonight.

Stay hot brother.
                Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Definitely his best overall game tonight. Anybody know how the Summer League playoffs work? I think there's a champion, but I'm not really sure how it works. I saw they're giving out rings to the champion, so I'm assuming the league isn't completely done. After going 3-1, I'd think the Bucks might have a chance to keep playing.

Comment

Way to go #20! See you in the Finals!

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                      Definitely his best overall game tonight. Anybody know how the Summer League playoffs work? I think there's a champion, but I'm not really sure how it works. I saw they're giving out rings to the champion, so I'm assuming the league isn't completely done. After going 3-1, I'd think the Bucks might have a chance to keep playing.
                      I guess to answer my own question, it looks like tiebreakers with more than two teams are determined by:

1. Point differential: The team with the greatest point differential through four games receives the higher seed.

2. Random drawing: The higher seed will be determined by a “coin flip.”

It looks right now there are 4 teams 3-1, with nobody 4-0. Milwaukee is 2nd in point differential, but 3 teams who are 2-1 have a better point differential with a game to play. So yes, clear as mud. Milwaukee led a lot of their game vs Boston, too bad they couldn't finish it out. Boston banked in a prayer 3 with 2 seconds left to win it.
                      Last edited by CyCarp; 07-14-2022, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post

I guess to answer my own question, it looks like tiebreakers with more than two teams are determined by:

1. Point differential: The team with the greatest point differential through four games receives the higher seed.

2. Random drawing: The higher seed will be determined by a “coin flip.”

It looks right now there are 4 teams 3-1, with nobody 4-0. Milwaukee is 2nd in point differential, but 3 teams who are 2-1 have a better point differential with a game to play. So yes, clear as mud. Milwaukee led a lot of their game vs Boston, too bad they couldn't finish it out. Boston banked in a prayer 3 with 2 seconds left to win it.
                        After the refs changed the score from the Bucks ahead by a point to behind by a point with 11 seconds left.

That was a strange game.
                        Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

I thought that was AJ's best game defensively. I'm by no means saying he's a lock down defender, but I would certainly say he was serviceable last night. I was impressed that he spent a lot of time guarding Jaden Hardy (one of the top high school prospects a couple years ago, played for G-League Ignite last year, and was an early 2nd round draft pick a few weeks ago) and held his own - I know AJ didn't guard Hardy the entire time he was on the court, but Hardy finished 3 of 13 shooting with 7 pts.

Comment

AJ and Isaiah Brown from Mavs were on the court at the same time for a bit. I didn't notice AJ guarding Isaiah.

AJ was definitely getting recognition from the announcers.

That's a tough league. Lots of talent there.

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
                              AJ and Isaiah Brown from Mavs were on the court at the same time for a bit. I didn't notice AJ guarding Isaiah.

AJ was definitely getting recognition from the announcers.

That's a tough league. Lots of talent there.
                              It’s full of guys who were all conference and studs in college conferences full of great teams. Recent draft picks, current players who are back half of the bench types, etc. It shows you how hard it is to make an NBA roster, especially when you throw in a bunch of foreign players also fighting for roster spots. That AJ has had a couple of good games and good practices says good things about his ability to play at this level in some capacity.

Comment

Bucks finished 4th with point differential and play one more game, tomorrow at 3:00.

Comment

Working...
                                X