WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2018 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder with Jake holding onto his offers all season that he thinks he has less competition with the big boys for late 2018 recruits. He signed Pickford late last year basically because we were the best offer. Might be a good strategy (if we get them). I hope we land some strong talent around A.J.

Comment

• Is wali parks someone who can play at our level? He's in his last year at dmacc and I remember him being pretty good In HS. I know grades were a issue before.
      Last edited by unipanther2154; 03-07-2018, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Watching the CF state tournament game, AJ won't know what to do next year when he doesn't have to face a defense solely designed to stop him every game

Comment

• Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
          Watching the CF state tournament game, AJ won't know what to do next year when he doesn't have to face a defense solely designed to stop him every game
          a pretty sweet pull-up 3 from just inside the wolves logo.

Comment

Watching the CF state tournament game, AJ won't know what to do next year when he doesn't have to face a defense solely designed to stop him every game
            I wouldn't be so sure that wont be the case next year...
            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

I wouldn't be so sure that wont be the case next year...
              Agreed. He is going to be our first option offensively from the moment he steps on campus.
              #MACtion

Comment

• I don't disagree, but he won't be the sole focus of every defense, he may have the best defender on him every night. But Wyatt is a proven scorer, Tywhon struggled down the stretch but is a scorer, Isaiah could be good offensively if he takes the same step he did this year, and Phyfe will be able to score down low. So I don't think we will see any box and ones against him. I also feel that I named our starting lineup for next year.

Comment

• Pretty crazy to think about how different teams will play AJ vs how they've played Juwan.
                  To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Register had a list of in state juco's. A few of the guys look very interesting.
                    Plus, an early look at Iowa's place in the Xavier Foster sweepstakes.
                    "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

I like the guard better (Christian), but I'd take em both if they're a package deal.
                      We need to extend the brother combos after the Kochs and Lohaus. Overland Park is about the same as the drive from Ashwaubenon...

Comment

• Couple of things, first off I wonder if we could get in on the Spainish kid from Indian Hills, he seems like a talent that could greatly help us. Secondly, watching AJ tonight I was almost as impressed with his ability playing without the ball some of it was called, but some of it was just smarts, reminded me of Bohannon’s ability to get open as a great shooter but at the same time get others open for easy looks because he had to be respected.

Finally I saw that the Sturtz kid from Newton is going to Drake, I’m not sure he is truly a great prospect but the kid could fill it up, I was just wondering if we gave him any look?

Comment

Couple of things, first off I wonder if we could get in on the Spainish kid from Indian Hills, he seems like a talent that could greatly help us. Secondly, watching AJ tonight I was almost as impressed with his ability playing without the ball some of it was called, but some of it was just smarts, reminded me of Bohannon’s ability to get open as a great shooter but at the same time get others open for easy looks because he had to be respected.

Finally I saw that the Sturtz kid from Newton is going to Drake, I’m not sure he is truly a great prospect but the kid could fill it up, I was just wondering if we gave him any look?
                          I saw that Sturtz is a preferred walkon, He did not have other offers. However the kid can score, so pretty good deal for Drake, at worst a good practice player and maybe more.
                          "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

• Per his high school coach, Northern Iowa has offered 2018 PF Parker Braun of Overland Park (KS) Blue Valley Northwest. High energy, mobile and tough player.
                            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                              Per his high school coach, Northern Iowa has offered 2018 PF Parker Braun of Overland Park (KS) Blue Valley Northwest. High energy, mobile and tough player.
                              What are his other offers?

Comment

• Originally posted by OhNewby View Post

What are his other offers?
                                SEMO and UW Milwaukee.

I really like his game from the 3 videos I've seen. But he needs 15+ pounds on him. And he's threatening a man bun.
                                Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Working...
                                X