WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

  • You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Football Season?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
    Back on topic; there is a very good chance of no college sports for next school year..
    Let’s see what happens with the states that aren’t under dictatorial shutdowns. GA, FL, IA, etc. The verdict is still out on whether the students come back in the fall at all the schools in those states. Unlike CA, where one of the state university systems shut down, for what could have been either overblown or political reasons.

    Comment


    • #92
      Tough to get herd immunity going if we are not allowed to herd.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by run&blade View Post
        Tough to get herd immunity going if we are not allowed to herd.
        Exactly. States led by Democrats are going to milk this as close to the November election as possible. Whether someone approves of Trump or not, ruining the economy and livelihoods of millions for political reasons is disgusting.

        Comment


        • #94
          ....And I'm out.

          If I wanted to hear this bull****, I'd jump on Twitter.

          Let me know when you guys want to talk about anything related to the Panthers again.
          Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
          Victory for U-N-I!

          Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
          - George Halas

          Comment


          • #95
            Yeah I feel ashamed for getting sucked into this nonsense in the first place. Clearly we all have our own agendas and opinions that aren't going to be changed by typing into the void of the internet.

            UNIDad, I hope you and your family stay safe and healthy during this time. This must be a difficult time with your wife being at serious risk if infected. I'm sure you've all been cautious and responsible, fingers crossed that others in your area will be too.

            Comment


            • #96
              Iowa State is planning 50% capacity. https://cyclones.com/news/2020/5/26/...lone-fans.aspx

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by enkamania View Post
                Iowa State is planning 50% capacity. https://cyclones.com/news/2020/5/26/...lone-fans.aspx
                So every other seat, 3 feet apart. With people packed in at concession stands and restrooms as usual. A 2nd wave (if the first ever ends) is absolutely inevitable at this point if this is what the state/country is going with.
                Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                Victory for U-N-I!

                Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                - George Halas

                Comment


                • #98
                  Uni could easily play at 50% capacity with the season ticket holders getting seats.

                  I fully expect the state mandated 50% capacity rule to be higher by fall.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by run&blade View Post
                    Uni could easily play at 50% capacity with the season ticket holders getting seats.

                    I fully expect the state mandated 50% capacity rule to be higher by fall.


                    The 50% is related to season tickets. Personally, I think it is just a ploy by Pollard to sell more season tickets. There was a lot of wiggle room for having more or less capacity. But I'll bet it has gotten the phones ringing at the Ticket Office.

                    P.S. Nothing has been said about seating. I assume that fans can sit in their designated seats or go where there is more open space if they want.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                      Nothing has been said about seating. I assume that fans can sit in their designated seats or go where there is more open space if they want.
                      i don’t think people will be getting their same seat. If they are going to do that, then why have it at 50% capacity. Like restaurants and other places that are opening at 50%, they still will have to maintain social distancing somehow. Restaurants will have tables removed or mannequins In booths to reflect social distancing. I don’t know how stadiums will do it, especially when it should be two seats (Minimum) empty Between fans.

                      football is coming back because the colleges need the money. If it doesn’t, many of the smaller schools in the Group of five would shut down their programs as well as nearly all FCS schools (including UNI). This is also a prelude to the BCS conferences finally breaking away from the NCAA to officially form their own “company.”

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by havok58 View Post

                        i don’t think people will be getting their same seat. If they are going to do that, then why have it at 50% capacity. Like restaurants and other places that are opening at 50%, they still will have to maintain social distancing somehow. Restaurants will have tables removed or mannequins In booths to reflect social distancing. I don’t know how stadiums will do it, especially when it should be two seats (Minimum) empty Between fans.

                        football is coming back because the colleges need the money. If it doesn’t, many of the smaller schools in the Group of five would shut down their programs as well as nearly all FCS schools (including UNI). This is also a prelude to the BCS conferences finally breaking away from the NCAA to officially form their own “company.”
                        Pollard said on KXNO yesterday that they aren't moving anybody. If you're uncomfortable in your seats you can go sit somewhere else. Its a logistical nightmare to move people around and try to be 'fair'.
                        #MACtion

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

                          Pollard said on KXNO yesterday that they aren't moving anybody. If you're uncomfortable in your seats you can go sit somewhere else. Its a logistical nightmare to move people around and try to be 'fair'.
                          Which I completely get from the athletic department view. However if you take the "health" view it doesn't accomplish anything... Very interesting. So 50% capacity to comply with regulations but feel free to sit on top of each other. Weird.
                          If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post

                            Which I completely get from the athletic department view. However if you take the "health" view it doesn't accomplish anything... Very interesting. So 50% capacity to comply with regulations but feel free to sit on top of each other. Weird.

                            Pollard says they will be very open about the "mitigation efforts" they use, but also that they are not pretending to eliminate all risk. If you come, you are accepting the risks that remain.

                            Perhaps one slight difference between a stadium and a restaurant is that you tend to know who is going to be sitting near you. In a restaurant, you usually have no idea who is at the next table.

                            At 50%, there will be crowded areas and uncrowded areas to which you can move if you don't want to be crowded.

                            I suspect that they will allow much more than 50%. Pollard's high profile right now may have as much to do with selling tickets while there is a sense of limited supply.

                            Comment


                            • 6-1-2020

                              "NCAA considering six-week timeline for college football’s return

                              More and more, it looks like the ramp-up to what officials hope is a full college football season will begin in mid-July.

                              Yahoo Sports reported last week that the NCAA Division I football oversight committee was leaning toward a six-week preseason camp, about two weeks longer than the normal beginning to the season.

                              NCAA approval could come the middle of this month, according to Yahoo."


                              Entire read:
                              https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/tc...tballs-return/
                              "Well, that escalated quickly."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post

                                Which I completely get from the athletic department view. However if you take the "health" view it doesn't accomplish anything... Very interesting. So 50% capacity to comply with regulations but feel free to sit on top of each other. Weird.
                                Here’s one for you einstein. Has it ever dawned on you or others that are buying into this incredible hoax. If this is such a dangerous thing then why are Walmart, hy vee and lowes shoppers all magically immune? Same with those attending ozark beach parties and blm rallies? And it may be ok to play football where guys are grabbing and tackling and slobbering all over each other for 60 minutes up close for months but I don’t dare sit a few feet away from a person in the stands. It’s really unbelievable how incredibly dumb this world has gotten in such a short period of time. And yeah, it just has to be all trumps fault.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X