WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone report how the team looks. I know Fall camp hasn't started, but would desire to read about some progress.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrockLesnar View Post
      Good Lord, Athlon Sports picked us 4th in the MVC. They don't even mention Betz, Anderson, Henry, or Duax. They can't even get the year correct on Kimmons. They have him a Junior when he has three seasons left. Nice research...
      I mean, technically they're not wrong. He is a Junior and could play 3 more years with last year being destroyed by COVID.
      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrockLesnar View Post
        Good Lord, Athlon Sports picked us 4th in the MVC. They don't even mention Betz, Anderson, Henry, or Duax. They can't even get the year correct on Kimmons. They have him a Junior when he has three seasons left. Nice research...
        In their defense, Betz and Anderson didn’t contribute a ton, Henry was a non-factor, and Duax hasn’t played a single minute of college basketball and is not four or five star recruit. From an outside, national perspective, there’s nothing noteworthy about the first three, and Duax would be in the “recruit with promise” category. I’ll be disappointed if we finish fourth, but the media is a what have you done for me lately crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

In their defense, Betz and Anderson didn’t contribute a ton, Henry was a non-factor, and Duax hasn’t played a single minute of college basketball and is not four or five star recruit. From an outside, national perspective, there’s nothing noteworthy about the first three, and Duax would be in the “recruit with promise” category. I’ll be disappointed if we finish fourth, but the media is a what have you done for me lately crowd.
          No, it's name recognition and other stuff. For example, Duke went 13-11, last season. Yet, they're ranked #6 pre-season and projected as a 2 seed in the tournament by Athlon. Nothing like three five star recruits to cure all the illness.
          Last edited by BrockLesnar; 08-31-2021, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• Boise St released their non conference schedule and we're not on it. So looks like the series that was supposed to start last year is dead.
            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• League schedule out today at some point. It's when it officially feels like basketball is just around the corner!
              #MACtion

Comment

• What do we have for expected additional non conference games to schedule? Maybe 2? I would expect one to be non-D1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gboom23 View Post
                  What do we have for expected additional non conference games to schedule? Maybe 2? I would expect one to be non-D1.
                  We've still got 4 slots. I'd expect 2 non-DIs, a regional home and home that starts here and a low major regional buy.

They HAVE to be home games.
                  #MACtion

Comment

• Guys, First glance. This thing is GREAT!!!

Loyola at home on the last day of the year. Premier game Super Bowl weekend at Loyola.

December game is at Bradley instead of Drake. I'm Pumped!!

I'll get it filled in above.
                    #MACtion

Comment

• Pretty obvious that ESPN thinks its us and Loyola as the two best teams. We get them for both the premiere spot on Super Bowl Sunday and the last game of the year.

Just looking at history, we're going to be on national TV a lot.
                      #MACtion

Comment

• I was hoping our opening game was at home since we're going to be traveling a lot in the non conference, but at least the first one after Hawaii is.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                          I was hoping our opening game was at home since we're going to be traveling a lot in the non conference, but at least the first one after Hawaii is.
                          And I'm guessing we stick a non-DI on around Dec 29th too.

At least Bradley is an easy bus trip. I think its good we stay out of the air for that one with all the other air travel

Playing a game during finals week (Dec 14) also really opens up some time so you're not playing games on top of games all the time.

For the 4 remaining, it looks like home games on Nov 12/13/14 (lean 14th to avoid HS football), Dec 8, Dec 11/12 and that non-DI on Dec 29.
                          Last edited by BCPanther; 09-14-2021, 11:47 AM.
                          #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                            I was hoping our opening game was at home since we're going to be traveling a lot in the non conference, but at least the first one after Hawaii is.
                            First two after Hawaii are, and they're against projected bottom half of the league opponents. Will give the guys a chance to really get their bearings back before a tough trip to Missouri State.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                              Pretty obvious that ESPN thinks its us and Loyola as the two best teams. We get them for both the premiere spot on Super Bowl Sunday and the last game of the year.

Just looking at history, we're going to be on national TV a lot.
                              Interesting, and good. AJ starting to get some NBA prospect talk probably doesn’t hurt either.

Comment

• While I'm selfishly mad at the @ loyola scheduling, really wanted that to be a Saturday so I could take a train trip to Chicago for that game, spend the night, come back and not miss school, I must say that it is a darn good schedule. Two big home games to end, sandwiched by a should be garbage @ISUb is a good way to end the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X