WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball Schedule

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

That makes sense, and probably what will happen, but you're wasting a UNI/Drake game and a MSU/SIU game that could really mean something down the stretch.

My preference would be matching up the projected Top 5 at the projected Bottom 5. Something like:

UNI at Bradley
    Drake at Illinois State
    Loyola at Evansville
    SIU at Valpo
    Missouri State at Indiana State

If the goal is multiple bids, we don't need the top half of the league playing February road games against teams that either might have figured it out by then or embrace the 'nothing to lose' thing and play way above their level. That also puts the games in places they aren't going to draw anyway regardless of when the game is.
    That would require thought by the league office. I'm not comfortable that they are capable of thinking two steps ahead.
    If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post

That would require thought by the league office. I'm not comfortable that they are capable of thinking two steps ahead.
      But we have a new commish! That will make a lot of difference, right?

Comment

• Having Drake/UNI in early December might give it a little more attention media-wise.

Comment

• If it's Drake, that week becomes St Bonaventure/Drake/Richmond. Salty.
          #MACtion

Comment

• Valpo just released their non-con and it's... weak
            ​​​​

Comment

• Puts things in perspective. At least we're still getting into the decent tournaments.

Comment

• I totally missed that Valpo changed their mascot to The Beacons.

Oh my. That's not good.
                Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post
                  Valpo just released their non-con and it's... weak
                  ​​​​
                  OMG, Loyola was a great add for Elgin but what a disaster with Valpo. That is appalling and embarrassing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                    I totally missed that Valpo changed their mascot to The Beacons.

Oh my. That's not good.
                    I actually like the new name and logo. But of course with any change there is humor. :
                    The pep band plays "This Little Light of Mine" at every game.
                    New marketing strategy: "Valpo basketball, There's a light at the end of the tunnel."
                    "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

• Valpo is the absolute worst because the roster turns over every year so they either have to play nobody or get killed in Nov/Dec and then figure it out in February and play better teams closer than they should. It's a nightmare for the better teams in the league.
                      #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                        Valpo is the absolute worst because the roster turns over every year so they either have to play nobody or get killed in Nov/Dec and then figure it out in February and play better teams closer than they should. It's a nightmare for the better teams in the league.
                        Add in there mediocre HS gym. Basically an embarrassment/liability to the Valley

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

Add in there mediocre HS gym. Basically an embarrassment/liability to the Valley
                          Ironically, this "high school gym" is known as one of the best, most iconic venues to see a wrestling meet. Truth be told, it's a significant recruiting tool for us now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Fan In Lean Years View Post

Ironically, this "high school gym" is known as one of the best, most iconic venues to see a wrestling meet. Truth be told, it's a significant recruiting tool for us now.

There's a big difference between a wrestling arena and basketball arena.

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

The funny thing is, there was a podcast with AJ on this week and they asked him his favorite place to play in the Valley... and he said Valpo. I don't recall why, but it surprised me.
                              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

There's a big difference between a wrestling arena and basketball arena.
                                Maybe, but the fact is that the poster said, "high school gym," which many would classify the West gym as resembling as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X