WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 16 - Salukidogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post

Definitely seemed like it took longer than 0.8
    He was so casual about it, I think he was just throwing it up without any real intention or regard for the clock.

Comment

Great win. On to Valpo!

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
        Great win boys
        1) have more assists than turnovers
        2) hold opponent < 50% from the field
        3) make more free throws than your opponent attempts

3-3 = Cats win

Comment

Torvik and Kenpom juuuust about nailed the score...but not the winner

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post

He was so casual about it, I think he was just throwing it up without any real intention or regard for the clock.
            I just watched a clip on Twitter and the clock definitely started before he touched it. He did it within the .8 IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by catsize View Post
              A few constants in the Valley,
              1) the officials will do what they can to make it a close game. Indiana State found that out Tuesday, we saw it again tonight
              2) star players get star treatment. Thank goodness we have AJ on our squad. Domask got that treatment as well.
              3) however the game is called in the first half, expect it to be called different in the second half (see #1)

Oh, and road wins are precious, precious, precious....
              Yea I think there were only like 10 total fouls in the first half and I'd guess there was 10+ in the first 6-8 minutes of the second half. Kind of odd how they started calling every little thing.
              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

We have two road wins against what I would consider top 5 conference teams!

We still have a lot to clean up but this team is playing with a purpose that it didn’t have at the beginning of the year.

I also think this team has figured out its roles and everyone has accepted theirs and were getting the most out of these roles.

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                  We have two road wins against what I would consider top 5 conference teams!

We still have a lot to clean up but this team is playing with a purpose that it didn’t have at the beginning of the year.

I also think this team has figured out its roles and everyone has accepted theirs and were getting the most out of these roles.
                  We got healthy and, boom, we are the team we thought we we're going to be.

Just keep stacking Ws starting in the middle school gym on Wednesday.
                  #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post

I just watched a clip on Twitter and the clock definitely started before he touched it. He did it within the .8 IMO.
                    Yea, that clock was messed up all night. Rewatching it, that clock was at 0 before he even touched the ball.
                    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

This team is 4-2 on the road. That's a really good accomplishment. Especially considering that those road opponents were: Arkansas, Bonaventure, Marshall, Bradley, Missouri State, Southern Illinois. Past UNI teams struggled so much on the road. Past UNI teams would have been lucky to pick to 2 wins in that stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

We got healthy and, boom, we are the team we thought we we're going to be.

Just keep stacking Ws starting in the middle school gym on Wednesday.
                        It’s great that we shot 6-22(27%) from 3 and still found a way to win.

Comment

Best win of the season, BY FAR.

That was an old fashioned grind it out road W. Keep it rolling.
                          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                            Best win of the season, BY FAR.

That was an old fashioned grind it out road W. Keep it rolling.
                            By far? Recency bias. Objectively, @MSU and @StBonnies were far better from a computer standpoint. And the latter was vs a then-ranked team on the road in a crowded gym making lots of noise. Subjectively I get what you’re saying. It felt big. But those wins contribute to making this one feel even bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by UNI MadCat View Post

By far? Recency bias. Objectively, @MSU and @StBonnies were far better from a computer standpoint. And the latter was vs a then-ranked team on the road in a crowded gym making lots of noise. Subjectively I get what you’re saying. It felt big. But those wins contribute to making this one feel even bigger.
                              For me the ISUB game was the biggest win of the season. I understand ppl saying St. B or MSU but in the moment ISUB just felt different. We played a really poor game and somehow found a way to pull it out. Games like that just mean so much from a momentum perspective. Of course if we’re looking at it from an at large perspective ISUB isn’t it. But, as we all know, the at large isn’t happening. Last night was a game where if we ended up losing I could wrap my head around it. Of course I wouldn’t be happy but both teams played a good hard game.

Comment

Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post

I rewatched it too and the buzzer was clearly after the shot was in the air. I will always trust the arena over the broadcast

Comment

Working...
                                X