WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 18: Drake (Purple out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick a game we’ve lost in similar fashion and compare our offensive strategy down the stretch. Different game, same strategy that has failed in too many instances while playing with a lead.

Comment

• Jake is pretty good when he has a point guard that is capable of going one on one and attacking the basket (Wes, Deon, KA). He is not so good when missing that. He has tried to use AJ in that role but it is a square peg in a round hole situation. He is not explosive enough off the dribble to do that consistently.

Comment

• Originally posted by ceaser150 View Post
        Jake is pretty good when he has a point guard that is capable of going one on one and attacking the basket (Wes, Deon, KA). He is not so good when missing that. He has tried to use AJ in that role but it is a square peg in a round hole situation. He is not explosive enough off the dribble to do that consistently.
        Agreed. That’s where your 1 on 1 ISO type stuff was effective in the past, especially at the end of the shot clock. AJ’s a really good player, just not that type consistently. That’s also why I’ve harped on bringing more of those players in. Right now we have Kimmons, and Born to an extent.

Comment

• I was also shocked that coach put so much responsibility on AJ at the end of the game. AJ is prone to turnovers when in these situations. Why not have Born share some of the responsibility? He is an excellent passer, arguably controls the ball better than AJ and is nearly perfect from the line.

Comment

• I wonder if Bowen has lost some confidence in his shot. There were several times he was pushing the ball up court, reached the 3pt line and the defender sagged off and he passed up on an open shot. A shooter like Bowen has to be able to take / make those shots.
            If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post
              I wonder if Bowen has lost some confidence in his shot. There were several times he was pushing the ball up court, reached the 3pt line and the defender sagged off and he passed up on an open shot. A shooter like Bowen has to be able to take / make those shots.
              I don't know if it's Born or the coaches, but imo, we need more Bowen on offense. I do feel a bit like he's lacking confidence or something right now though. He didn't shoot it very well against Valpo when AJ was out. Maybe he doesn't have a green light like others. This kid can't shoot it with the best of them when he's on, it'd be nice to see us him get involved more as a scorer.
              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• At least Bowen is scoring more lately, but until just recently, he gave up a lot of open looks. It was as if he would get in trouble if he shot the ball. I definitely feel he could have handled the ball better at the end of the Drake game.

Comment

• Bottom line. Take care of the next 3 like we should and we're 8-3 headed to DSM to get the win back from Drake.
                  #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                  X