WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2017 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://fox11online.com/sports/colle...ng-to-transfer

We offered him in high school.

Comment

• Iirc, he hates the style Wisconsin plays. And normally, I would say that means we have no chance since we play the same style. However, since we're in the Twilight Zone, we could woo him with our efficiently high offense, that same system but on speed.

Comment

• Wisconsin is going through some program turbulence right now. Maybe Brad Davison would be interested in transferring ‘home’ for his senior season. Could play with his old HS teammate too...

Can you imagine a backcourt of AJ Green, Brad Davison, Trae Berhow, and Bowen Born? lol
        UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
        iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
          Wisconsin is going through some program turbulence right now. Maybe Brad Davison would be interested in transferring ‘home’ for his senior season. Could play with his old HS teammate too...

Can you imagine a backcourt of AJ Green, Brad Davison, Trae Berhow, and Bowen Born? lol
          His sister is a former Panther. I was really bummed that he didn't come here, doesn't exactly have the best reputation right now though.

Comment

• Interesting article on Kobe King. Appears that he wasn't a fan of the coaches and felt like they didn't really care about him. Maybe it's ne being a homer, bit if that's the truth, I think he'd like the atmosphere around our program.

https://madison.com/sports/college/b...mpression=true
            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

His sister is a former Panther. I was really bummed that he didn't come here, doesn't exactly have the best reputation right now though.
              Both sisters played basketball for UNI. His oldest sister is married to LJ Fort.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                Interesting article on Kobe King. Appears that he wasn't a fan of the coaches and felt like they didn't really care about him. Maybe it's ne being a homer, bit if that's the truth, I think he'd like the atmosphere around our program.

https://madison.com/sports/college/b...mpression=true
                Honestly, after reading that article, I 100% want Jake to go get that kid. Talent is obviously there, just seems like he wants to be in a more "family" environment. We all know that is exactly what UNI is, and he would also help soften the blow after Trae graduates giving us another long athletic guy that can really shoot the ball. He could probably get a hardship waiver after alreaal having a medical redshirt year to ppl lay right away and get 2 more years.

Comment

Honestly, after reading that article, I 100% want Jake to go get that kid. Talent is obviously there, just seems like he wants to be in a more "family" environment. We all know that is exactly what UNI is, and he would also help soften the blow after Trae graduates giving us another long athletic guy that can really shoot the ball. He could probably get a hardship waiver after alreaal having a medical redshirt year to ppl lay right away and get 2 more years.
                  King is only 6'2" according to a quick google search so not exactly a replacement for Berhow's size. I get the feeling this kid has professional dreams and I wonder if he's not looking to make splash for one year and try to go pro assuming he gets a waiver. Either way it would be an interesting backcourt with him and AJ if he did decide UNI was the right fit for him.

Comment

Why would we want him? Davison's reputation is very well earned and that crap doesn't fit in here. We will also have at least 3 guards better than him next year imo.

Kobe King is another story, but seems like a longshot

Comment

• Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post

Why would we want him? Davison's reputation is very well earned and that crap doesn't fit in here. We will also have at least 3 guards better than him next year imo.

Kobe King is another story, but seems like a longshot
                      I don't think a program that played Johnny Moran and Luke O'Rear extensive minutes is in any position to throw stones here...
                      #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

I don't think a program that played Johnny Moran and Luke O'Rear extensive minutes is in any position to throw stones here...
                        Johnny Moran?

Comment

• Originally posted by Panther Fan View Post

Johnny Moran?
                          He wasn't punching junk but the dude was exactly the type of player that knew exactly what to do and when to do it to opposing players to get under their skin.
                          GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post

He wasn't punching junk but the dude was exactly the type of player that knew exactly what to do and when to do it to opposing players to get under their skin.
                            But he wasn't known for dirty play. I don't think I would have ever put Johnny into that category. Lucas had the theft incident but by all accounts cleaned up his act to earn his way back.

Davidson seems to have a repeater personality that has Wisconsin fans comparing him to Grayson Allen... Not exactly cut from the same cloth.
                            If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post

But he wasn't known for dirty play. I don't think I would have ever put Johnny into that category. Lucas had the theft incident but by all accounts cleaned up his act to earn his way back.

Davidson seems to have a repeater personality that has Wisconsin fans comparing him to Grayson Allen... Not exactly cut from the same cloth.
                              Lucas was LOATHED by literally everyone on the court - no one is even talking off the court. Bringing up the ipod is just silly.

Lucas got *****ed about non stop by every single fan base every year. Opposing coaches were relatively open about it.

ValleyTalk is long long dead but the way he was talked about on ValleyTalk was very similar to the way non Wisconsin fans talks about Davison. Again, he wasn't out there punching dudes in the junk. He wasn't gouging eyes, ala Woodbury from Iowa. He was setting some very highly questionable screens using knees, elbows, hips, shoulders, etc. He took extra effort in boxing people out.

We aren't clean as a program of "dirty" or "line pushing" players.
                              GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

• Lucas was also very good at hooking the opponents arm and making it look like a foul on the other player. I really don’t think Johnny Moran should be in this conversation. Johnny was really tough and a great competitor, there is a difference.
                                "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Working...
                                X