WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2017 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

I agree with all your thoughts but please do tell me in what world we won't be overwhelming preseason favorites next year? If we aren't who is?
    I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Loyola ahead of us in the preseason rankings next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIAlum2010 View Post
      Iowa State, Nebraska, Northern Iowa and Xavier among the schools that have reached out thus far to former La Crosse Central and University of Wisconsin wing Kobe King.

https://twitter.com/WisBBYearbook/st...67639510208512
      Would love to get him but ISU and Xavier would probably top us, if offering him.

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

Would love to get him but ISU and Xavier would probably top us, if offering him.
        Agreed. I would also mention that Marquette is ranked and averages over 14,000 people per game, not to mention that Virginia, the defending national champion is alleged to be sniffing around.
        "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

• Originally posted by domedays View Post

Agreed. I would also mention that Marquette is ranked and averages over 14,000 people per game, not to mention that Virginia, the defending national champion is alleged to be sniffing around.
          Virginia should be. They are in desperate need of someone that can actually put the ball in the basket.
          #MACtion

Comment

• Kobe King to Nebraska. I can't imagine anybody saw that coming. I'm guessing he thinks Hoiberg can get him to the next level?
            Last edited by CyCarp; 02-26-2020, 11:44 AM.
            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• LOL - Nebraska?
              Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
              Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
              - George Halas

Comment

• Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
                LOL - Nebraska?
                Playing time?

Comment

• Must be. Feel like he could have done better.
                  Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                  Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                  - George Halas

Comment

• goanar mar Is now part of the program. Had big offers if I remember correctly out of high school. Interesting get for us. Long wing player.

Comment

• Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
                      goanar mar Is now part of the program
                      Solid Addition as a transfer (Hopefully Grad but not sure). Nice big wing, nice role player for us

Comment

• Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
                        goanar mar Is now part of the program. Had big offers if I remember correctly out of high school. Interesting get for us. Long wing player.
                        Butler, Cincinnati, Iowa State (when they were good), Nebraska, and Xavier. Thats a pretty good list.

Comment

• Not a grad transfer but should get a waiver to play right away or he won't or the NCAA will make it up on the fly. Whatever.

Anyway, we've had good luck with kids that we had relationships with out of high school so hopefully this is the same deal. Long, skilled wing that can play on the block if need be. He's about the ideal replacement for Zay. Same body type, comparable defender, better offensive player.

Offers from Iowa State, Butler, Cincinnati and several others out of High School.
                          #MACtion

Comment

• Seems as though injuries have hurt his progress while at George mason. As mentioned he is not a grad transfer, looks like he has one year of eligibility left. If he can play right away that’s a nice fill in for losing brown. Doesn’t seem like he’s starting quality but who knows how much these injuries played into his poor numbers. He had a pretty good freshmen year where he started every game. Since then, he just hasn’t performed well while being injured. A lot of positive comments about his worth ethic. happy to have him join the program and excited to see what he can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                              Not a grad transfer but should get a waiver to play right away or he won't or the NCAA will make it up on the fly. Whatever.

Anyway, we've had good luck with kids that we had relationships with out of high school so hopefully this is the same deal. Long, skilled wing that can play on the block if need be. He's about the ideal replacement for Zay. Same body type, comparable defender, better offensive player.

Offers from Iowa State, Butler, Cincinnati and several others out of High School.
                              This is big "IF" he's immediately eligible. Takes a ton of pressure of Anderson and lets pickford keep more of the same role. Although he/s not a better Offensive player than Brown, maybe as freshmen but he hasn't been the same player the last 2 years.

Comment

• He is from Minnesota, so hopefully moving back close to home will allow for a waiver. Do we still have 1 ride open for next year?
                                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Working...
                                X