WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2017 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa State, Nebraska, Northern Iowa and Xavier among the schools that have reached out thus far to former La Crosse Central and University of Wisconsin wing Kobe King.

https://twitter.com/WisBBYearbook/st...67639510208512

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIAlum2010 View Post
      Iowa State, Nebraska, Northern Iowa and Xavier among the schools that have reached out thus far to former La Crosse Central and University of Wisconsin wing Kobe King.

https://twitter.com/WisBBYearbook/st...67639510208512
      Yes Please.

Comment

• I can't allow myself to think of a backcourt with AJ, King and Berhow next year. I just can't get my hopes up that high...
        #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
          I can't allow myself to think of a backcourt with AJ, King and Berhow next year. I just can't get my hopes up that high...
          And Phyfe in the Frontcourt. Giggity

Comment

I can't allow myself to think of a backcourt with AJ, King and Berhow next year. I just can't get my hopes up that high...
            Would he be immediately eligible? He’s not “moving closer to home.”

Comment

• Originally posted by UNI Ka-Bullseye View Post

Would he be immediately eligible? He’s not “moving closer to home.”
              That's what I was wondering. He might be able to get some sort of hardship waiver, you never know what those are for or why they are granted.

Comment

• I believe it recently came out where he said that a coach, trainer or somebody made racial comments towards him. Something like that might allow him to transfer out without having to wait.
                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• There have been reports that with summer school he could be a grad transfer.
                  #MACtion

Comment

There have been reports that with summer school he could be a grad transfer.
                    Can you grad transfer for two years of eligibility? I think he’s got that due to medical redshirt his freshman year after playing 10 games. I’m totally out of the loop on all these transfer rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNI Ka-Bullseye View Post

Can you grad transfer for two years of eligibility? I think he’s got that due to medical redshirt his freshman year after playing 10 games. I’m totally out of the loop on all these transfer rules.
                      Yes.

He also has a decent chance at immediate eligibility regardless of graduation if any of the rumors are true about Wisconsin/staff/etc.

Comment

• What I find funny and kinda puts things in perspective: We're currently the best team of those four. And arguably the best set up for the future. Like if Kobe King doesn't come here, that sucks, and I want him, but if he doesn't, that wouldn't be the end of the world. We'd still be preseason 1 or 2 next season without him. Those other schools need him way more than we do.

That being said, Green-King-Berhow makes for arguably one of the best guard line ups in the entire country, and that might be more enticing than trying to help rebuild at those other places (Xavier much less so, since they're currently right on the bubble). That'd be hard to turn down. And we're running a much more attractive offense nowadays, so that helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                          What I find funny and kinda puts things in perspective: We're currently the best team of those four. And arguably the best set up for the future. Like if Kobe King doesn't come here, that sucks, and I want him, but if he doesn't, that wouldn't be the end of the world. We'd still be preseason 1 or 2 next season without him. Those other schools need him way more than we do.

That being said, Green-King-Berhow makes for arguably one of the best guard line ups in the entire country, and that might be more enticing than trying to help rebuild at those other places (Xavier much less so, since they're currently right on the bubble). That'd be hard to turn down. And we're running a much more attractive offense nowadays, so that helps.
                          I agree with all your thoughts but please do tell me in what world we won't be overwhelming preseason favorites next year? If we aren't who is?
                          #MACtion

Comment

• Heard Virginia is a contender.

Comment

I agree with all your thoughts but please do tell me in what world we won't be overwhelming preseason favorites next year? If we aren't who is?
                              You just know that there's gonna be a bunch of schmucks who give first place votes to SIU. I'm not saying I agree with it, and I'm not saying I want it to happen. But it's gonna happen. It'd be out of character for Valley voters to not do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                                What I find funny and kinda puts things in perspective: We're currently the best team of those four. And arguably the best set up for the future. Like if Kobe King doesn't come here, that sucks, and I want him, but if he doesn't, that wouldn't be the end of the world. We'd still be preseason 1 or 2 next season without him. Those other schools need him way more than we do.

It would also help balance out the scholarships a little as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X