WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2018 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
    Trust the source guys.

We just became Valley contenders
    Wow. So many good guards.

Comment

• Wyatt, Berhow, Croft off the bench......

Comment

• Can it be November already?

Comment

• I stand by my original post, in which I was referring to Berhow's contributions this season. :-)
          Last edited by HellSloth; 09-14-2018, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post

That would be the best news I've heard all week, but I'm skeptical. I'd think we would have heard it. I know he moved back closer to home, but usually the NCAA only sides with the player if a family member is sick or some other extenuating circumstance (at least that I'm aware of).
            Heard from who? We don’t even have a beat writer from our local paper. Would be nice if we had actual media covering our athletic programs to report on news like this.
            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

Heard from who? We don’t even have a beat writer from our local paper. Would be nice if we had actual media covering our athletic programs to report on news like this.
              Yea, there isn't a beat writer, but I still think we'd know if/when it happens. Maybe the team is just keeping it quiet until the roster is officially announced. I've moved on from "skeptical" to "cautiously optimistic".
              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• AJ, Wyatt, Berhow, Tywhon, Isaiah, Spencer, with Biggie and Phyfe as our bigs.

Man, that is a real good looking team on paper...
                UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Looks to be true as he’s on the roster this year. Does that mean much? Not sure if they usually include redshirts on there. Here’s the link to the roster this year http://unipanthers.com/mobile/roster...75&path=mbball

Comment

• Originally posted by kochrab View Post
                    Looks to be true as he’s on the roster this year. Does that mean much? Not sure if they usually include redshirts on there. Here’s the link to the roster this year http://unipanthers.com/mobile/roster...75&path=mbball
                    I think he'd be listed either way. This still has Jake Koch under the coaching staff too, so not completely up to date.
                    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Yea, there isn't a beat writer, but I still think we'd know if/when it happens. Maybe the team is just keeping it quiet until the roster is officially announced. I've moved on from "skeptical" to "cautiously optimistic".
                      Again - from where would we have heard it?

there isn’t a person covering the team for any news outlet. There would be zero reason for anyone affiliated with the program tonjuat say it to say it. There is no legal obligation to disclose it.

"People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
                      -A twist on Matt Campbell getting Iowa State bowl eligible.

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post

Again - from where would we have heard it?

there isn’t a person covering the team for any news outlet. There would be zero reason for anyone affiliated with the program tonjuat say it to say it. There is no legal obligation to disclose it.
                        Where did we hear about Tuttle joining the staff? Where did we hear about Pickfords injury at the beginning of the summer? I just think we would have heard something somewhere. Rima has had interviews with Coach Jake and Tuttle. We heard long ago about trying to get Biggie his year of eligibility back, but I haven't heard about us even attempting to get Berhow eligible this year until now. Like I said, maybe the team is keeping it quiet as long as they can. I don't know, just my thoughts.

Comment

• AJ - 30
                          Berhow - 25
                          Pickford - 30
                          Brown - 30
                          Biggie - 25
                          Phyfe - 20
                          Wyatt - 25
                          Croft - 15

Comment

• Originally posted by OhNewby View Post
                            AJ - 30
                            Berhow - 25
                            Pickford - 30
                            Brown - 30
                            Biggie - 25
                            Phyfe - 20
                            Wyatt - 25
                            Croft - 15
                            For the most part, I would agree with this, and it's super exciting to see that we return all but 25 minutes next year.

Comment

Where did we hear about Tuttle joining the staff? Where did we hear about Pickfords injury at the beginning of the summer? I just think we would have heard something somewhere. Rima has had interviews with Coach Jake and Tuttle. We heard long ago about trying to get Biggie his year of eligibility back, but I haven't heard about us even attempting to get Berhow eligible this year until now. Like I said, maybe the team is keeping it quiet as long as they can. I don't know, just my thoughts.
                              Pickford was reported as being in a boot by a poster who saw him at a camp. It wasn’t officially confirmed in any capacity for weeks after - and only then because it involves a surgery.

Shandon going after getting a year back from from this thread. Not a reporter. I’m still not sure it’s been officially reported by a news outlet.

Tut being a GA? Reported here long before any media ran with it.

Jim nelson did *some* basketball for the Currier in the spring/zesty summer but isn’t a basketball guy for UNI.

Cole Bair does something for the Gazette but to what capacity that involves being in Cedar Falls and connected to the ins and outs of the program is unknown.

also notice how the media didn’t report on any of that stuff until it has been kicked around here and certified by multiple posters with multiple sources.

You’ve been on this board since 06. You should know 1: media coverage coverage of UNI - even at its best - is lacking and behind well connected posters in PN (the one exception was Jeremiah) and 2. posters that are connected, how connected and worth listening too.
                              "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
                              -A twist on Matt Campbell getting Iowa State bowl eligible.

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post

Pickford was reported as being in a boot by a poster who saw him at a camp. It wasn’t officially confirmed in any capacity for weeks after - and only then because it involves a surgery.
                                This is news for me. I thought it was a dislocation that didn't need surgery and that he would be basically healed up from by now. About how long will he need to be out?

Comment

Working...
                                X