WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

  • You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2018 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm not sure McCaffery is the best player on his team now that Even Brauns is transferring to City West.

    Carton is much better and will be a much better college player, I'm not even sure that's a debate.
    #MACtion

    Comment


    • Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

      Carton has a ton of good offers already and is highly rated. I think it'd definitely debatable.
      Sure. I think in terms of offers though Patrick will never catch up for 2 reasons.

      1. He already committed
      2. The last name and connection to UNI. Even if he hadn’t committed yet and said “Myabe I don’t want to play with my brother and dad, I want to be my own person” there are a number of programs that would hold off in the assumption he’s going there anyway.
      GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by clenz View Post

        Sure. I think in terms of offers though Patrick will never catch up for 2 reasons.

        1. He already committed
        2. The last name and connection to UNI. Even if he hadn’t committed yet and said “Myabe I don’t want to play with my brother and dad, I want to be my own person” there are a number of programs that would hold off in the assumption he’s going there anyway.
        Oh agreed on the offers.

        But they are both very good players but a lot of McCaffery's ranking is based on potential due to size and athleticism but he hasn't proven he's going to put it all together yet.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

          Bain's the guy who ranked Patrick McCaffrey as the #2 recruit from Iowa in the 2019 class. Lost credibility with me when I saw that.
          Sorry fellas I wasn't clear...

          I think McCaffrey is OVERRATED in the #2 spot.

          ​​​​​​He seemed ineffective and overmatched in the 4A title game vs CF.

          No upper body strength, very low release on his shot.

          He's got long arms and can get up to the basket quick...but that won't play in college without putting 30 lbs on that frame.

          If his last name is Smith he's not in the top 5.
          ​​​​​​
          Last edited by Blue42; 04-18-2018, 03:40 PM.
          Winning is more fun than losing.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by clenz View Post
            He’s the same guy that linked Kyle Green as a Drake HC a few weeks back.
            What, one sentance in a multi paragraph story? Big whoop. Kyle Green’s name probably was brought up, along with a dozen others or more.
            Last edited by SteinPizza; 04-18-2018, 08:24 PM.

            Comment


            • Braun got an offer from...... Arizona.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                Braun got an offer from...... Arizona.
                I dont know how i feel about this. One the one hand it is an elite program, but on the other they could be hammered for "paying" for players. If i was a kid, i would wait to see how everything shakes out.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by GoPanthers85 View Post

                  I dont know how i feel about this. One the one hand it is an elite program, but on the other they could be hammered for "paying" for players. If i was a kid, i would wait to see how everything shakes out.
                  Well, either way, if he's getting offers from the likes of AZ he's surely not gonna be accepting our ride soon. I'd say we're out on Braun.
                  Has anyone heard anything new on Sy since the MN State Title game?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                    Braun got an offer from...... Arizona.
                    The guy transferring to IC West? That’s impressive. He’s entering his JR year, correct? If what you’re saying is correct, then his recruiting will explode shortly. Sure, Arizona has issues, but it doesn’t mean they need to settle for 2 or 3 star level recruits. That’s a powerhouse program. If this stays on track then Iowa or Iowa State will be EXTREMELY lucky to sign him. By definition he’s beyond that level, or at least Iowa’s for sure.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

                      The guy transferring to IC West? That’s impressive. He’s entering his JR year, correct? If what you’re saying is correct, then his recruiting will explode shortly. Sure, Arizona has issues, but it doesn’t mean they need to settle for 2 or 3 star level recruits. That’s a powerhouse program. If this stays on track then Iowa or Iowa State will be EXTREMELY lucky to sign him. By definition he’s beyond that level, or at least Iowa’s for sure.
                      Parker Braun from KC.

                      They need bodies but I’d be concerned getting recruited over.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

                        Well, either way, if he's getting offers from the likes of AZ he's surely not gonna be accepting our ride soon. I'd say we're out on Braun.
                        Has anyone heard anything new on Sy since the MN State Title game?
                        I have a feeling one or both of us moved on. He visited UMass recently.

                        Comment


                        • Do people here still want to question if Parker could play here, in the post?

                          Good enough for the SEC and Arizona...I assume he's good enough here, right?
                          GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

                          Comment


                          • Going under the (safe) assumption that we won't be getting Sy or Parker, I'd be cool with just banking the scholarship for 2019. Betz is looking like he's gonna be an underrated signee, but I can't imagine that there won't be at least one other guy in the 2019 class who we wouldn't mind on the team.

                            Comment


                            • Sy Chatman is headed to Umass.
                              UNI FIGHT

                              Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                              iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                                Sy Chatman is headed to Umass.
                                it was clear that ship had sailed. Who knows which party or both is the reason why

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X