WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2021 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2021 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Committed
    Michael Duax..........6'5" G/F Dubuque, IA (Hempstead) Martin Bros AAU
    Chase Courbat........6'10" PF/C Cedar Falls, IA (Cedar Falls) Martin Bros AAU

Offered
    Landon Wolf............6'5" G Cedar Falls, IA (Cedar Falls) Iowa Barnstormers AAU

Committed Elsewhere
    Will Tschetter...........6'8" PF Stewartville, MN (Stewartville) Minnesota Heat AAU - Michigan
    Last edited by DecadePanther; 08-27-2020, 07:17 AM.

No time like the present to get this started! Looking forward to see who we bring in!

Comment

#1 Marcus Morgan, Iowa City West
      #2 Chase Courbat, Cedar Falls

After that, there's a lot of talent in the state, but start with those two and it'd be a wonderful class.
      Number of times on Sports Illustrated cover:
      Ben Jacobson coached teams = 2
      UNI teams coached by everyone ban thinks is better = 0

Comment

I've heard that Morgan is leaning toward football.
        #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
          I've heard that Morgan is leaning toward football.
          That family has been mighty good to Panther fans.
          "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

That family has been mighty good to Panther fans.
            I would love to hear that whistle again...

Comment

Originally posted by catsize View Post
              #1 Marcus Morgan, Iowa City West
              #2 Chase Courbat, Cedar Falls

After that, there's a lot of talent in the state, but start with those two and it'd be a wonderful class.
              I know recruit rankings are not the gospel, but Morgan is well down the list of basketball recruits in this class. Courbat was ranked #1 in an article by Matthew Bain from the DMR. From what I’ve read, we’re following Winkel from Algona and Duax from Dubuque.

Comment

Chase Courbat officially got his scholarship offer yesterday that we all knew was coming. Gotta make it a priority to keep him in Cedar Falls. Plus getting him would go a long ways towards getting Duax to Cedar Falls as well, they play together on the same AAU team

Comment

I'm continually amazed at the quality of Iowa High School Basketball. There are really quality players in this state which is amazing when you consider population.
                  #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                    I'm continually amazed at the quality of Iowa High School Basketball. There are really quality players in this state which is amazing when you consider population.
                    No kidding, pretty consistently at least one blue chip prospect a season, and this 8th grade phenom that's heading to Dowling (shocker) will be the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

No kidding, pretty consistently at least one blue chip prospect a season, and this 8th grade phenom that's heading to Dowling (shocker) will be the next one.
                      Tamin Lipsey (sp?) from Ames could be the next blue chip guy. I think he’s a grade ahead of the Dowling kid.

Also, I’d take issue with your definition of “blue chip”. Players who are good enough to attract offers above the level of Iowa and Iowa State, at national Championship level programs, that’s blue chip. Those guys are sometimes there, but historically don’t average one a year. Lately though that’s been true if you project the Dowling kid, Lipsey, and Foster from Oskaloosa as all getting offered by a Kansas or North Carolina type program. AJ’s offer from Virginia falls in that category. It would’ve been interesting to see if Duke, Kansas, Michigan State, etc would’ve offered if his situation were different. Let’s see if that trend holds long term.

Edit - Joe Wieskamp from Iowa would probably be borderline blue chip. I think Fran had to fight off some bigger name schools to land him.
                      Last edited by SteinPizza; 06-08-2019, 10:01 AM.

Comment

NEW OFFER

6-8 PF Will Tschetter of Stewartville, MN and Minnesota Heat AAU per Ryan James of NorthStarHoops.com.

Not a ton out there on him other than being a tremendous athlete. Also considered to be a Top 5 Quarterback in the state and has Iowa State and Minnesota interest in football.

UPDATE: He was MVP of Wisconsin's Elite Juniors Camp this weekend. Expected that a Wisconsin offer may be on the table soon. Only other current offers are UIC and Green Bay.
                        Last edited by BCPanther; 06-10-2019, 09:37 AM.
                        #MACtion

Comment

I don't think this is a huge surprise, but...

Dubuque (Iowa.) Hempstead 2021 G/F Michael Duax said on Sunday he's received an offer from Northern Iowa.
                          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                            I don't think this is a huge surprise, but...

Dubuque (Iowa.) Hempstead 2021 G/F Michael Duax said on Sunday he's received an offer from Northern Iowa.
                            Thanks for the above.

Does anyone have a feel for our chances of landing either Duax or Courbat from Cedar Falls? What are their other offers?

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

Thanks for the above.

Does anyone have a feel for our chances of landing either Duax or Courbat from Cedar Falls? What are their other offers?
                              Duax doesn't have any other offers yet, but he's at the Wisconsin team camp this week. Also has interest from Iowa and Minnesota.
                              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Working...
                              X