WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-21 Basketball Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a good team and good schedule. Please, please let it all happen.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
      That's a nice spot for that game, imo. Would be curious as to whether or not a game gets slid in the six days between there and Marshall. I would guess not, but they might want to put a D2 game in there or something.
      Now that it isn't finals week anymore, I'm guessing we play mid-week there at home if we can find someone that would like a check.
      #MACtion

Comment

What do we have - 3 or 4 more games to put on the schedule? I imagine one will be a non-D1 home game. I know coach has said they are always trying to find a likely Quad 1 buy game on the road. I’m not sure if that is still realistic at this point or not. If we somehow get that, the rest of the games need to be at home.

Just like everyone else, I sure hope we get a college basketball season this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
          New Mexico State game in Sioux Falls is on Sunday, December 13th. Original post updated.
          That's a really good non-con game for us; NMSU hasn't broken through with a big win in the NCAA tournament yet, but they've been the dominant team in the WAC for a number of consecutive years now. Great matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Gboom23 View Post
            What do we have - 3 or 4 more games to put on the schedule? I imagine one will be a non-D1 home game. I know coach has said they are always trying to find a likely Quad 1 buy game on the road. I’m not sure if that is still realistic at this point or not. If we somehow get that, the rest of the games need to be at home.

Just like everyone else, I sure hope we get a college basketball season this year.
            Could still add 5 more. I'd imagine we'll have two non-DIs. Wouldn't be shocked if we took two buys for the first time in forever. Last would probably be buying a low major.

Prepare yourselves for an underwhelming home schedule.
            #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Could still add 5 more. I'd imagine we'll have two non-DIs. Wouldn't be shocked if we took two buys for the first time in forever. Last would probably be buying a low major.

Prepare yourselves for an underwhelming home schedule.
              If there's a year to not have a good home schedule, this is it. Not like there's gonna be a crowd dis/advantage to worry about.

I'm also very down to take multiple buy games. If we lose, dang that sucks, but no huge harm or foul. Win, and that's gonna be on the "key victories" column in March no matter what. Win 'em both and that dang near locks us into the NCAA in December. Plus the money would be more helpful than ever, 60k has never felt so good. And like I said, crowd advantage for the bigger schools would be minimized. Get paid and whoop some butt.
              Last edited by sevelev711; 07-22-2020, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Been a long summer waiting for sports to come back... Saw this nice highlight of our guy AJ Green and thought I'd share...

Comment

"Saw this nice highlight of our guy AJ Green and thought I'd share"
                  Comment posted by TheBallNeverStops.
                  Video on the Youtube channel TheBallNeverStops.
                  Found it, sure, lol.

Regardless, very fun highlight real, looking forward to seeing more of him doing this this year.

Comment

Cayman Islands Classic Bracket Announced--

LaSalle-Ole Miss
                    K-State-Oregon State

UNI-Nevada
                    WKU-Miami

Jake versus Stevie has worked out pretty well in the past.
                    #MACtion

Comment

Fun idea by The Athletic for a partial bubble nonconference schedule. This divides all the teams into 8 team squads playing 6 games each. They had us going to Rochester, mn with Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, North Dakota, North Dakota State, Northern Illinois, and Western Illinois.
                      With COVID-19 creating massive scheduling and logistical issues for college sports, we present our plan for men's and women's hoops.

Comment

Fun idea that literally none of the bigger schools would approve of. Iowa doesn't want to play us on their own terms, you think they want to play us on a neutral court in a different state that isn't going to make them money? And while Minnesota wouldn't mind as much playing UNI, I doubt they'd be stoked to play NDSU SDSU NIU WIU. Just not good non-conference SoS, even though I don't think they're gonna be fighting for an NCAA bid. It's a nice thought experiment, but it won't happen. And that's only with this pod, I imagine there's a Kansas with Mizzou and WSU, which will get nixed even harder.

Comment

Pac 12 cancelling basketball until January. We are gonna lose basketball too because we couldn't have a unified response aka wear a mask. ugh

Our preseason tournament down a team already and it's only August.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                            Pac 12 cancelling basketball until January. We are gonna lose basketball too because we couldn't have a unified response aka wear a mask. ugh

It boggles my mind that this season is going to be effected. All along I said let's get this figured out before college basketball, even though I never really imagined it would last this long, but now that's going down the tubes. Just unreal how we as a country couldn't do what so many other countries did. I guess that's what poor leadership on so many levels gets you.
                            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

I think I posted this here, but a person connected to Drake told me a month ago he thought the hoops season would get pushed to January. Not a huge surprise I guess, unfortunately.

I heard a radio host over the weekend saying the college presidents are scared of future liability over long term health effects (heart and lung conditions) with the athletes who test positive now (and recover). Long term as in getting sued 30 years later when the ex players are in their 50s. Not sure if I buy off on that or not. I have yet to hear of any athlete not being able to play/practice after recovering. I’ve read some things about enlarged heart issues, but nothing related to specific athletes, and not sure if it’s more prevalent in a higher risk demographic group. The Vikings LB had a heart valve issue that existed prior to covid. It was his covid diagnosis which found it.

Comment

I also am hearing that they expect bball to be pushed back to January.
                                "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Working...
                                X