WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

  • You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-21 Basketball Schedule

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The ESPN Orlando MTE bubbles have been cancelled. I really hope I'm wrong, but it looks like we're headed towards a conference only schedule. The season is supposed to start in about 4 weeks. Maybe I should back away from the cliff, but COVID ruined March Madness, hasn't even peaked yet, and is about to ruin this season.
    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

    Comment


    • Well they definitely won't cancel March Madness this year, too much money they need to make up. And luckily we've got that decent pre-season ranking, so if worst comes to worst, we'll still be in decent enough shape. I mean it'd suck, don't get me wrong, but for post-season aspiration purposes, it'd be fine.

      Comment


      • If the NCAA doesn't get the CBS/Turner money this year, they are probably bankrupt. The tournament is happening.

        The teams that were heading to Orlando are already starting to pair up to run regional MTEs. Most teams are going to get 22-25 in and we'll have a reasonable season and post season. Keep in mind that this season in kind of just gravy because no one is losing any eligibility by playing. 21-22 could be one of the greatest college basketball seasons ever.
        #MACtion

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
          21-22 could be one of the greatest college basketball seasons ever.
          Well are all going to deserve an epic 21-22. What a sh*t show this year has been.
          "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
            If the NCAA doesn't get the CBS/Turner money this year, they are probably bankrupt. The tournament is happening.

            The teams that were heading to Orlando are already starting to pair up to run regional MTEs. Most teams are going to get 22-25 in and we'll have a reasonable season and post season. Keep in mind that this season in kind of just gravy because no one is losing any eligibility by playing. 21-22 could be one of the greatest college basketball seasons ever.
            Agree. The NCAA is in the tank without a tournament this year. I think it happens.

            Under exactly what circumstances we'll see. But I think it'll be played.
            Winning is more fun than losing.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
              The ESPN Orlando MTE bubbles have been cancelled. I really hope I'm wrong, but it looks like we're headed towards a conference only schedule. The season is supposed to start in about 4 weeks. Maybe I should back away from the cliff, but COVID ruined March Madness, hasn't even peaked yet, and is about to ruin this season.
              Am I missing something? Why does this news about Orlando affect the tournament UNI is rumored to be a part of in Nebraska? Are we just assuming our bubble will burst as well??

              Comment


              • https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ti-team-events

                Are we seeking a second tournament?

                Comment


                • The game in Sioux Falls with New Mexico State is off after NMSU pulled out.

                  Jake expects that we may still be scheduling games after the season starts and didn't rule out playing in another MTE if something would pop up in December.
                  #MACtion

                  Comment


                  • Looking forward to having a top-50 non-con SoS simply on the basis of being one of 50 teams with non-con games.

                    Comment


                    • December 19th is the official date of the Marshall game per their schedule release.
                      #MACtion

                      Comment


                      • Richmond game moved to December 9th.
                        #MACtion

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                          Richmond game moved to December 9th.
                          When is the first home non conference game?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post

                            When is the first home non conference game?
                            We don't have a signed contract for any home games yet. If I had to guess, it'd probably be Dec 5ish or 15ish
                            #MACtion

                            Comment


                            • Dayton out of Bad Boys MTE in South Dakota. Can we get their spot?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by sivert View Post
                                Dayton out of Bad Boys MTE in South Dakota. Can we get their spot?
                                Utah State already hopped on in.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X