WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keeping an eye on the national rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota jumped 9 spots (and over us) in the NET by improving to 13-13 on the year by winning.... @ Northwestern. Umm... I guess that’s cool as long as we jump that much if winning @ Drake, who has the same NET as NW prior to that loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNI Ka-Bullseye View Post
      Minnesota jumped 9 spots (and over us) in the NET by improving to 13-13 on the year by winning.... @ Northwestern. Umm... I guess that’s cool as long as we jump that much if winning @ Drake, who has the same NET as NW prior to that loss.
      Just ignore logic when talking about a formula hidden in a black box that no one seems to have access to. It's DEFINITELY not rigged for the P6 and CBS/Turner.
      #MACtion

Comment

• The NET is full on BS. I’m just gonna say it. Very convenient that it favors the P5s and no one knows the formula. Nine spot jump this late in the season for a win over 6-20 Northwestern? Seriously?

I bet even if we beat UE on Weds we fall into the 50s.

Comment

• Same reason Cincinnati beat Wichita then dropped a spot while Wichita stayed where they were. There's very clearly issues with it, as long as it favors P5s, that's ok though.
          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIAlum2010 View Post
            Updated from Barttorvik.com. POY standings during conference play.
            Austin is going to have a tough game on Saturday against Robbins. A.J. seems to have gone into a bit of a slump since he hurt his nose. Evansville and Drake could give him the push to nail down POTY but if his slump continues and Austin just plays average against Drake, Krutwig could move past both and steal POTY. There's also the chance that Austin and A.J. could split the vote and Krutwig sneaks in there.
            Last edited by CincyPanther88; 02-24-2020, 09:50 PM.
            "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

• AJ will be Player of the Year and the voting won't be close.

Phyfe will be first team all league but he's not taking first place votes from AJ.
              #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                AJ will be Player of the Year and the voting won't be close.

Phyfe will be first team all league but he's not taking first place votes from AJ.
                Unless AJ starts shooting threes on the wrong side of the court he's a lock for POY.

And Phyfe has been better than Krutwig this year, don't @ me

Comment

• How are we feeling about Drake at Loyola tonight? I will be pulling for old D+... Of course knowing Drake, they'd probably rather lose the game than set us up for an outright conference victory.
                  If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post
                    How are we feeling about Drake at Loyola tonight? I will be pulling for old D+... Of course knowing Drake, they'd probably rather lose the game than set us up for an outright conference victory.
                    Loyola by a lot.
                    #MACtion

Comment

• Speaking of D+, I hadn't noticed how much they've regressed since playing us last. With one more loss (which I hope is Saturday), they are a lock for playing on "Drake night at the Lou", aka Thursday. And with that, all is right with the world.

Comment

• DW asked me if we had a chance of an At Large.

Lunardi said yesterday that if we won out and lost in the MVC championship game, we'd be in. I'd estimate the probability of us winning out and getting to the MVC-Champ game at maybe 40%.

Bart Torvik:
                        SEED: 11.1 AUTO: 38% TOTAL NCAA Tourney: 51.4%

TeamRankings:
                        Seed: 9 Autobid: 38.3% At Large: 0%

Selection Sunday is under a month away and bracketology is heating up across the country. This bubble watch looks at each at-large contender.
                        Last edited by sivert; 02-25-2020, 09:49 AM.

Comment

AJ will be Player of the Year and the voting won't be close.

I think AJ should be player of the year and Austin should be 1st team, but I see a world where Phyfe is left out. In reality, AJ and Austin should be 1-2 in the POY vote, but I expect Krutwig to get reputation votes and feel there is a mentality that Austin is only as good as he is because of the attention AJ draws.

What does your 1st team look like? I'd like to think Phyfe makes it with AJ, but could see him getting passed in favor of Freeman(valpo), Key(InSt.), Krutwig, possibly Robbins, maybe Darrell Brown. What I'm saying is I would be shocked if they end up with two Panthers on 1st team.

Comment

• Originally posted by hoopfan View Post

I think AJ should be player of the year and Austin should be 1st team, but I see a world where Phyfe is left out. In reality, AJ and Austin should be 1-2 in the POY vote, but I expect Krutwig to get reputation votes and feel there is a mentality that Austin is only as good as he is because of the attention AJ draws.

What does your 1st team look like? I'd like to think Phyfe makes it with AJ, but could see him getting passed in favor of Freeman(valpo), Key(InSt.), Krutwig, possibly Robbins, maybe Darrell Brown. What I'm saying is I would be shocked if they end up with two Panthers on 1st team.
                            I agree with you. Trae has a real argument for being a 1st teamer as well.

I think Austin is a 1st teamer, but would not be shocked if Krutwig is the only 5 on the 1st team.
                            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Originally posted by hoopfan View Post

I'm really confident in the First Team being Green (POY), Krutwig, Key, Freeman-Liberty and Phyfe.

The screw job coming is Berhow. He should be a second team guy but won't be. Averaging 13 & 6 usually gets that in this league.
                              #MACtion

Comment

The screw job coming is Berhow. He should be a second team guy but won't be. Averaging 13 & 6 usually gets that in this league.
                                3 points over the last 2 games on 1-12 shooting has not helped the case. Another poster mentioned in the Indiana State game that he didn’t look right and may be ill. Played fewer minutes in both of these last two games than his typical average, so maybe there is something to that. I would not typically expect him to be the odd man out if Ty is getting 2nd half minutes, but that has been the case lately.

But confident he can have a strong finish starting with Evansville and hopefully that gets him over the hump for 2nd team.

Last edited by UNI Ka-Bullseye; 02-25-2020, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X