WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2018 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

Welp... thats closer to home for him and P5. It'll be tough to top that even though the Rebels aren't exactly a blue blood program.
    Isn't he at Blue Valley in the KC area? Agree with the P5 assessment, though. They've had some decent seasons, even though they'll be breaking in a new coach.
    Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
    Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
    - George Halas

Comment

• Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post

Isn't he at Blue Valley in the KC area? Agree with the P5 assessment, though. They've had some decent seasons, even though they'll be breaking in a new coach.
      Yep. Overland Park, KS.

Yea, no idea where he will go and probably not here but I wouldn't think an Ole Miss offer completely ruins our chances.

Comment

Welp... thats closer to home for him and P5. It'll be tough to top that even though the Rebels aren't exactly a blue blood program.
        "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
        -A twist on Matt Campbell getting Iowa State bowl eligible.

Comment

• I'll be surprised if we add anybody else this offseason. Just a guess, I just think we'll want to have a ride open for next year.
          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

That's just the way some kids think though. Hell, Maishe Dailey originally committed to arguably the worst P5 in the country, because he just wanted to play in the Big Ten.
            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Woops, confused him with Goldman (from AR) but still have to think those who haven't committed yet are waiting for higher profile offers.
              The SEC (in comparison to UNI) is a higher end offer to most outsiders, unfortunately.

Comment

Woops, confused him with Goldman (from AR) but still have to think those who haven't committed yet are waiting for higher profile offers.
                The SEC (in comparison to UNI) is a higher end offer to most outsiders, unfortunately.
                Outsider in terms of general schmuck who catches a handful of games on ESPN during a year.

Outside of a few who are strictly P5 chasers - and those exist, and maybe Parker is one...I have no idea - kids who are being recruited understand that the difference between most SEC teams and many "mid-majors" is in name only.
                "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post

Outsider in terms of general schmuck who catches a handful of games on ESPN during a year.

Outside of a few who are strictly P5 chasers - and those exist, and maybe Parker is one...I have no idea - kids who are being recruited understand that the difference between most SEC teams and many "mid-majors" is in name only.

Comment

• Per Twitter...

Panthers in Omaha today visiting Sam Griesel...a 6'6" SG/SF who committed go South Dakota last fall and recently decommited.

Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Kids are attracted to playing against higher level competition more often and being on TV more often and playing in front of larger fan bases, and only needing to go .500 in conference play to make the big dance, etc. We'd love to think that some mid majors compete against the P5 conf schools for recruits, and some do but the reality is that most don't and those that do still lose out more often than not.
                      I hope we still get Braun (or Sy) but the Ole Miss offer is a serious threat, make no mistake about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                        Per Twitter...

Panthers in Omaha today visiting Sam Griesel...a 6'6" SG/SF who committed go South Dakota last fall and recently decommited.
                        He's got some decent film but mostly against low level competition. I didn't see any video of him on the AAU circuit, anybody else find any of that?

Comment

• What do you know about Matthew Bain, the author of the articles on recruiting in the DM Register? Who is he?

I find it interesting that the same person is writing about Iowa and Iowa State. Might he have forthcoming articles about UNI and Drake? I like the idea of somebody covering recruitment by state schools without being embedded with a particular team.

Comment

• "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                              What do you know about Matthew Bain, the author of the articles on recruiting in the DM Register? Who is he?

I find it interesting that the same person is writing about Iowa and Iowa State. Might he have forthcoming articles about UNI and Drake? I like the idea of somebody covering recruitment by state schools without being embedded with a particular team.
                              Bain's the guy who ranked Patrick McCaffrey as the #2 recruit from Iowa in the 2019 class. Lost credibility with me when I saw that.
                              Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

Bain's the guy who ranked Patrick McCaffrey as the #2 recruit from Iowa in the 2019 class. Lost credibility with me when I saw that.
                                Carton has a ton of good offers already and is highly rated. I think it'd definitely debatable.

Comment

Working...
                                X