WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-21 Basketball Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

There's more to home court advantage than just fans. There's familiarity, there's a lack of travel, sleeping in your room vs a hotel, your locker room as opposed to the guest room, etc etc. It sounds silly and insignificant, but it adds up.
    There is that, but college football is showing the difference of not having home fans. I still think it benefits the home team a little, but the momentum boost from a home crowd will be missed at crucial times.

Might be fun to hear what the coaches and officials are actually saying to each other now.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
      No more West Virginia on Wednesday...

Sources: West Virginia is now scheduled to play South Dakota State in the first round of the Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic.
      As of now, Utah State/Wichita State remains on that side of the bracket.

Other side includes Northern Iowa, Western Kentucky, Saint Mary's, & Memphis.
      Wednesday can't get here fast enough. I can't take any more changes!

Comment

• According to this article we're playing the Hilltoppers on Wed.

https://wkuherald.com/news/hilltoppe...37fe700d8.html

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
          According to this article we're playing the Hilltoppers on Wed.

https://wkuherald.com/news/hilltoppe...37fe700d8.html
          They weren't bad last year, and they're expecting to be better this year. While they're not as good as West Va and don't have the name, it's not going to be a cakewalk. We should win, but I don't see any reason why it won't be close.

Comment

• WKU isn't a bad game, they're probably the 4th best team in the field. As normal, we have little room for error, it really is a big game to start building a resume for an at large. Not only would it be a win against the team picked to win the C-USA, it would also likely get us on the side of the bracket with Memphis and WV - chances for better wins.
            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• What's the deal with losing WVU? Did they ***** their way out of playing us, or is this something else?

Honestly, it doesn't matter. If they're grouping the "mid majors" on one side that's winnable, and one game against a top opponent in the "tournament" is enough. Between this and that Wisconsin date (which is now listed on Sconnie's schedule), we have plenty of depth in our short non-conference schedule.

I don't know what to make of the valley scheduling. We will learn a lot about how these kids adapt to silence and create there own "home" energy soon enough.

There is an available universe where we have a ranked basketball team playing concurrently with a top-3 football team in about 90 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newsbreaker View Post
                What's the deal with losing WVU? Did they ***** their way out of playing us, or is this something else?

Honestly, it doesn't matter. If they're grouping the "mid majors" on one side that's winnable, and one game against a top opponent in the "tournament" is enough. Between this and that Wisconsin date (which is now listed on Sconnie's schedule), we have plenty of depth in our short non-conference schedule.

I don't know what to make of the valley scheduling. We will learn a lot about how these kids adapt to silence and create there own "home" energy soon enough.

There is an available universe where we have a ranked basketball team playing concurrently with a top-3 football team in about 90 days.
                Per a WV die hard on Twitter...

"Huggs does have the power. He publicly said his side of the bracket was lopsided with the best teams and then they changed it shortly after. I don't think it's a coincidence!"

Regardless, it just comes down to winning. If we win the first two, we'll likely get them. While it sucks not for sure having a game against WV, it *could* benefit us. With an easier first game it puts us in a better position to get on the winners side of the bracket, and might ease us into the season a little better. WKU is no slouch, but they're nowhere near WV either. After our top 4 guys, there's not a ton of experience, so it could really benefit some of our guys to get their feet wet against a team that's not as strong defensively - especially the freshmen who are expected to contribute. As BC said the other day, a guys first college experience being against WV's defense is a tall task.
                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Anyone know if there is or will be men's basketball posters? My boy loves having those
                  "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

• Huggins whined about the tournament constantly changing on him to the press yesterday so if he is behind the change that is some politician level deviousness.

Comment

• I think that WKU won CUSA last season without their best player who is back healthy this yr. A former 5 star big man who was averaging 20 and 10 before he got hurt.
                      This is a team with the same expectations as us... Win their league, possibly get a top 25 ranking and advance a round or two in NCAAs.
                      They may not have the name recognition or be in a power six conference but this would be a big win if we get it.
                      Last edited by orangetennis; 11-21-2020, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Is Wednesday's game on TV?

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostOfRedeker View Post
                          Is Wednesday's game on TV?
                          ESPN family of networks

Comment

• Wednesdays game was moved to 3:30 on ESPNU.

Comment

• This is obvious but college basketball is totally #%#%....well you know not going to go well

Comment

• Is Rima going to be in Sioux Falls for the radio call?

Comment

Working...
                                X