WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-21 Basketball Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GhostOfRedeker View Post
    What does MTE stand for?
    Multi Team Event
    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• No games officially announced for Nebraska yet, but they did change course today and said fans will no longer be allowed.
      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostOfRedeker View Post
        What does MTE stand for?
        Mediterranean Taco Entree. One of the most common foods served at these types of events, so common that they named the style of play after them.

Don't look that up.

Comment

• Confirmed.

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

Mediterranean Taco Entree. One of the most common foods served at these types of events, so common that they named the style of play after them.

Don't look that up.

Comment

• FWIW, Illinois St will be playing Ohio St in place of the Golden Window Classic. I'm curious if we're looking into alternatives at this point. 9 days out, no schedule, and looking for another team still.

Comment

• In other news, Loyola had a positive test and is now shut down. Gonna be a long season.

Also, the NCAA will have the entire tourney in one location - likely Indianapolis.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                FWIW, Illinois St will be playing Ohio St in place of the Golden Window Classic. I'm curious if we're looking into alternatives at this point. 9 days out, no schedule, and looking for another team still.
                It'd be kinda hard to find a decent replacement at this point at this point. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if UNI and SLU bounce on the tourney and play a game on their own, or hell, even do an in-season home-and-home, since it sounds like that's the only confirmed game thus far.

Comment

• Here is what Muller said about the Nebraska MTE. Apparently they're in an MTE in Columbus, so not just playing Ohio St.

“Too much uncertainty trying to get the right number of teams in, who we were going to play, and with so much uncertainty there I decided to pull out and find something else, and obviously we have.”

Comment

• Illinois State was also pretty low on the totem pole there. I'm guessing they were getting fed to LSU, SLU and Nebby. Dan can't afford to be 0-3.
                    #MACtion

Comment

• We have another signed contract!

Green Bay comes to Cedar Falls on Dec 12th.
                      #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                        Illinois State was also pretty low on the totem pole there. I'm guessing they were getting fed to LSU, SLU and Nebby. Dan can't afford to be 0-3.
                        hmmm... but whatever issue they had, they solved by scheduling Ohio State and an unknown team.
                        In Matt Norlander's tweet, he said, "The Golden Window Classic — yes, that is the real name,...must be demanding royalties?"

Comment

• Well, it looks like we are not playing western Kentucky ( only playing 2 games) Nevada and LSU, or LSU playing San Fransico, Western Kentucky, and Saint Louis according to Sheldon Mickles LSU beat reporter. So besides Saint Louis, we have 2 of Nebraska, Nevada, or San Fransico assuming no one else joins.

Comment

• I'd be okay with any of those, but obvs I want Nebraska. I can't tell if that matchup is more or less likely given how good UNI is.

Also, great to hear about that Green Bay game. I...have doubts about fans being in attendance, but home games are always good.

Comment

• McNeese State appears to have taken Illinois States place. They released their schedule and play Nebraska on Wednesday. Day 1 schedule seems pretty set, after that is questionable.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                                We have another signed contract!

Green Bay comes to Cedar Falls on Dec 12th.
                                But no non-con games listed on the website yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X