WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking Forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post

Sounds like the MudraFan I put on ignore a while ago.

Just a mean-spirited, particularly nasty, angry old man.
    Life is better with an ignore list.

Comment

• Cancel culture.
      Which winning percentage is better? 61% or 66%?

Comment

• Originally posted by A Fan In Lean Years View Post
        Cancel culture.
        Not even close, but nice try.

Comment

• Well, I suppose we will know tomorrow what’s happening with the staff in Ames.
          It is possible they have been waiting for UNI WBB to end their tournament run (good job, Panthers!).
          Or some other school with an assistant coach in the dance could be finishing their run this weekend.

I think it’s a good sign that only 2 have entered the portal. If there was massive disarray (like Coach Jake on the move), I think there would be more early.

Gauger is understandable, given that Bowen did so well and Kimmons is expected to be back.

Noah seems like a great kid, and I wish him the best. He seems to have a really high potential - one that hopefully he reaches, wherever he goes.

Comment

• Walk ons transferring shouldn't even count.

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
              Walk ons transferring shouldn't even count.
              No offense to Gauger, but agreed. Carter may simply want to transfer either 1) upstream to a P6 school, or 2) someplace he’ll get more touches and more shots. Can’t blame him for either if that’s what he wants.

Comment

• I think Coach Green is off to Ames, but I can't tell you how much I want to see a lack of AJ's name in the article about it. Next year is at-large with him, .500 without him. I wish the best for Kyle, unless he takes AJ, in which case I hope they don't win anymore games.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                  I think Coach Green is off to Ames, but I can't tell you how much I want to see a lack of AJ's name in the article about it. Next year is at-large with him, .500 without him. I wish the best for Kyle, unless he takes AJ, in which case I hope they don't win anymore games.
                  If AJ was Born’s age, following his dad would seem to be a viable choice. However, with one realistic year left, why go? It’s a rebuild, and they also have a five star incoming freshman guard from Wisconsin, who from what I’ve read is a “ball in his hands” type PG. Why would he go to ISU to simply pass to AJ so he can launch 30 shots a game? Otz is desperately trying to keep his commitment.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                    However, with one realistic year left, why go?
                    Because good things don't happen at this school very often is my primary reasoning. Realistically, it's likely going to be Coach leaving, AJ staying, and Emerson following from the women's team to ISU. But it's UNI, so I just assume that AJ leaves, Born follows, Berhow and Pickford call it a career, Phyfe's heart condition starts back up and he retires, and Ty Anderson and goes to Iowa, and I get excited when I get proven wrong.

Comment

Because good things don't happen at this school very often is my primary reasoning. Realistically, it's likely going to be Coach leaving, AJ staying, and Emerson following from the women's team to ISU. But it's UNI, so I just assume that AJ leaves, Born follows, Berhow and Pickford call it a career, Phyfe's heart condition starts back up and he retires, and Ty Anderson and goes to Iowa, and I get excited when I get proven wrong.
                      Damn. We need some therapy. If that reality happened... ooooooff

Comment

Man if that doesn't hit home on the luck of the panthers, I don't know what does. The good news is you have set the bar at the bottom so we can only look up from there!
                        If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post

Man if that doesn't hit home on the luck of the panthers, I don't know what does. The good news is you have set the bar at the bottom so we can only look up from there!
                          Alternatively, everyone is back. We steamroll the conference and then Covid 2.0 starts

Comment

Alternatively, everyone is back. We steamroll the conference and then Covid 2.0 starts
                            Geesh... that's almost worse but at least we'd get to see some good basketball beforehand...
                            If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

• How many guys put there name in the portal and then dont transfer? 1 out of 20? 1 of 100? etc

Comment

How many guys put there name in the portal and then dont transfer? 1 out of 20? 1 of 100? etc
                                I have no statistical basis for saying this, but it certainly seems like guys put their names in when there are coaching changes, etc. and may come back if the right coach is hired to fit their wants and needs. Noah entering definitely appears like he is wanting a different situation. I would guess that the chances of guys coming back after entering the portal are pretty small.

Comment

Working...
                                X