WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

  • You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2019 - Football Recruits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Agreed.

    Between what be recruited and started to develop at Davis (Keelon Does) and what he's done here is extremely impressive. Players also seem to love him.

    I'd heard Clanton got off to bit of a rough start, but he seems to just crush the recruiting side as well..those are two guys I want around for a long time .
    GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

    Comment


    • The German student ends up at Colorado State.

      Kyle Atkinson Jr accepts a scholarship for Track and Field at Minnesota, which he's held for awhile. Sounds like he may walk on to the football team.
      GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

      Comment


      • Clay Sokol, safety from Phoenix, AZ, received an offer today

        3 year starter at the 6A level in Arizona. 208 career tackles, 43 PDF, 28 TFL, 5 INT, 3 FF. As a senior 107 tackles, 23 PDF, 16 TFL, 2 FF

        Older brother Cody Sokol played for Iowa and Louisiana Tech a few years back

        UNI and Tech both offered today.

        Clay Sokol FS 6' 180 Offered 2/5/2019 Hudl NASC NR Phoenix, AZ Desert Vista Louisiana Tech, UW-River Falls, Whittier
        GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

        Comment


        • Verbal in tonight - Cedar Falls OL Jackson Leistikow joins a few HS teammates.

          Jackson Leistikow OL 6'3 285 Verbal PWO? 2/5/2019 Hudl Rivals NR Cedar Falls, IA Cedar Falls Wayne State, MSU-Mankato, SW Minnesota State, Iowa, Minnesota, SDSU, UND
          GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by clenz View Post
            The German student ends up at Colorado State.

            Kyle Atkinson Jr accepts a scholarship for Track and Field at Minnesota, which he's held for awhile. Sounds like he may walk on to the football team.
            Didn't think it was allowed for an athlete to take a scholarship for a lower funded sport and play the larger as well. Always thought it had to be the sport with more scholarships that a scholly comes from. This is why we can have football players run track or play basketball, but can't have track athletes walk on for football (or give golf scholarships out to players who will 'walk-on' to football, etc.)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by clenz View Post
              Courtney Messingham visited Kendall Robinson Jr at Waterloo East this AM.
              Robinson signs with purple and gold.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post

                Didn't think it was allowed for an athlete to take a scholarship for a lower funded sport and play the larger as well. Always thought it had to be the sport with more scholarships that a scholly comes from. This is why we can have football players run track or play basketball, but can't have track athletes walk on for football (or give golf scholarships out to players who will 'walk-on' to football, etc.)
                My thought as well, just going from his comments .
                GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

                Comment


                • Very cool celebration of the new recruits on the front page today.

                  https://admin.unipanthers.com/signin...l/football/10/
                  Last edited by Yupster; 02-06-2019, 09:47 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Yupster View Post
                    Very cool celebration of the new recruits on the front page today.

                    https://unipanthers.com/
                    Blank screen up there when I clicked on it at 8:50am with mozilla firefox browser.
                    UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by lakesbison View Post

                      Blank screen up there when I clicked on it at 8:50am with mozilla firefox browser.
                      Worked on Firefox, Chrome and IE for me.......

                      Comment


                      • Now its working, maybe they were adding/updating.

                        ONLY 1 Minnesota kid? wow UNI..

                        are the Martens cousins/related?
                        Last edited by lakesbison; 02-06-2019, 09:21 AM.
                        UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Yupster View Post
                          Very cool celebration of the new recruits on the front page today.

                          https://unipanthers.com/
                          That is VERY cool. I'm impressed.
                          "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

                          Comment


                          • Omar Brown MPLS North CB to UNI. i have NO idea why NDSU never offered, seemed strange to me. He'll be a good player for you guys, congrats.
                            UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Yupster View Post
                              Very cool celebration of the new recruits on the front page today.

                              https://admin.unipanthers.com/signin...l/football/10/
                              Agree with B-A-P ... this is very nice work by the AD.
                              "Well, that escalated quickly."

                              Comment


                              • Love the wideouts we have on this team and young qb’s. Hope we have running backs and linebackers to play championship football

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X