WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2019 - Football Recruits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a RB out of Cedar Rapids (?) that lasted one year. then head to Indian Hills CC. The name escapes me.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
      There was a RB out of Cedar Rapids (?) that lasted one year. then head to Indian Hills CC. The name escapes me.
      Andre Dawson?
      #MACtion

Comment

Sounds right. I think he was highly recruited, and then went off the rails.

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post
          Never

Happened twice yesterday apparently
          Who was the second?

Comment

Nate Martens is coming at semester and will be a full go for spring ball.

It's his job. He's the guy. I don't think we really need to have the 'who's going to be our quarterback?' discussion.
            #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

Who was the second?
              LB from Iowa Central per Cole Bairs article.
              GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Andre Dawson?
                I don't think he had more than a preferred walk-on offer in Iowa City. If I am recalling right, he was quoted in the newspaper the day before signing stating he would sign with UNI unless Iowa offered in the last minute. Again, if I remember right, he was the "big get" in the class which included David Johnson...

Comment

Logan and his father both said in their interview yesterday he was playing WR and stuck with UNI because of McCann and playing WR
                  Then that sounds like a condition of him signing. That happens, and nothing wrong with it either. Didn’t mean to get people’s feathers ruffled by suggesting he could play some D. Position switches happen all the time too.

Comment

I was wrong. It was a LB but it was a HS kid from Council Bluffs
                    Cameron Baker

Offers from Iowa, Indiana, NDSU

https://247sports.com/Player/Cameron-Baker-46040431/
                    GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

Great to see that Wolf stuck with the Panthers. Since he verbally committed it shows class that he honored his commitment. Plus his chances of getting of playing on Sunday is just as great playing here as anywhere else. Ask Paup, Warner, Johnson and several others. If he even has that in mind... He'll get a good education at UNI. Likely football will be his sport but the basketball team might need his help as well. He's been underrated on the hardwood because he played with Green but her really is pretty good. Let's stayed tuned to see what he does.

Comment

It was interesting to look at the HN thread on him and watch Iowa fans realize if he wanted to be an NFL WR he picked correctly as Iowa has had less success getting guys into the league and sticking around for a bit than Iowa has
                        Last edited by clenz; 12-20-2018, 05:56 PM.
                        GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

It was interesting to look at the HN thread on him and watch Iowa fans realize if he wanted to be an NFL WR he picked correctly as Iowa has had more success getting guys into the league and sticking around for a bit than Iowa has
                          If you’re referring to WRs, you’re correct. The only Iowa WR from the last several years that made the league is Riley McCarron (that I can think of), and that has to be as a special teams guy. His future as an actual pass catching offensive weapon is pretty limited. Iowa’s recruitment and development of WRs has been brutal for much of KF’s tenure, especially the last 5-10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by '70 Grad View Post
                            Some special circumstances here, but when is the last time we beat out a Hawkeye scholarship offer?
                            David Johnson ring a bell?
                            Number of times on Sports Illustrated cover:
                            Ben Jacobson coached teams = 2
                            UNI teams coached by everyone ban thinks is better = 0

Comment

Originally posted by catsize View Post

David Johnson ring a bell?
                              DJ had a walk on offer, not a scholarship.
                              #MACtion

Comment

Only other offer for DJ was Illinois State, pretty sure Iowa was looking but didn’t even offer a preferred. Iowa State no interest, even spelled his name wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X