WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

  • You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2019 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
    I think there are going to be a lot of people that will be shocked at just how good AJ is going to be. There is a good chance of him being our leading scorer from day 1. He is gonna be awesome.

    Obviously there will be a learning curve, but I think we have a shot to be a much different (better) team this year. With AJ, Tywhon, Phyfe, Isaiah, and Wyatt as the core of the team, we are going to be much better offensively going forward.
    This year's team will be much better offensively. Adding 2 High Major offensive minded players to the mix as well as Phyfe getting a year and second off season under his belt is going to do a lot for this team. I think people tend to forget what Goldman is bringing to the table. 6'10 and has never shot below 40% from 3. The 2 man game with him and AJ will be impossible to defend.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by MDB View Post

      This year's team will be much better offensively. Adding 2 High Major offensive minded players to the mix as well as Phyfe getting a year and second off season under his belt is going to do a lot for this team. I think people tend to forget what Goldman is bringing to the table. 6'10 and has never shot below 40% from 3. The 2 man game with him and AJ will be impossible to defend.
      I do tend to forget about Biggie, but its simply because I have not seen him play. If he can rebound, defend, and hit 3’s that will be huge for us.
      UNI FIGHT

      Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

      Comment


      • Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

        I do tend to forget about Biggie, but its simply because I have not seen him play. If he can rebound, defend, and hit 3’s that will be huge for us.
        The key to the season might be Biggie and Phyfe's ability to stay healthy, defend, but stay out of foul trouble. We might have many nights where we need 30 minutes from each of them.

        Comment


        • Evan Gauger from Indianola received a North Dakota offer. This is the kid we had on campus likely as a walk-on a couple weeks back.

          Comment


          • Got another commit. Evan Gauger, a 6-2 G from Indianola.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
              Got another commit. Evan Gauger, a 6-2 G from Indianola.
              We didn't have a scholarship open, right? So I'm assuming he's a walk on.
              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                We didn't have a scholarship open, right? So I'm assuming he's a walk on.
                That’s what I was thinking. Does “commit” imply a scholarship?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by sivert View Post

                  That’s what I was thinking. Does “commit” imply a scholarship?
                  Not in my (relatively worthless) opinion. To me, it just says that they're coming here, for whatever reason. Could be a 4-for-5.

                  Comment


                  • Walk on. A really good walk on.

                    Comment


                    • Adding Krogmann and Gauger as wo's is pretty impressive.

                      Lot of kids from the state of Iowa that want to be part of this program right now.


                      Winning is more fun than losing.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                        Adding Krogmann and Gauger as wo's is pretty impressive.

                        Lot of kids from the state of Iowa that want to be part of this program right now.

                        Also have 6'4" Logan Wolf from Cedar Falls who is coming on a football scholly and has plans to walk-on for basketball as well. Nice class.
                        Number of times on Sports Illustrated cover:
                        Ben Jacobson coached teams = 2
                        UNI teams coached by everyone ban thinks is better = 0

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by catsize View Post

                          Also have 6'4" Logan Wolf from Cedar Falls who is coming on a football scholly and has plans to walk-on for basketball as well. Nice class.
                          Yeah that kid is gonna do some big things at UNI.

                          He's a HUGE steal at WR... and underrated on the court.

                          We'll see how he's able to balance the two.
                          Winning is more fun than losing.

                          Comment


                          • Kids can officially sign today and they have as UNI basketball is announcing on twitter. How forgotten is James betz? He’s been commmitted for so long he’s almost an after thought but I’m extremely excited to see what he brings to the table!

                            Comment


                            • Betz looks 25 pounds heavier than he was at the end of the season last year. Kid is so skilled and smooth. Absolute hidden gem.
                              #MACtion

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                                Betz looks 25 pounds heavier than he was at the end of the season last year. Kid is so skilled and smooth. Absolute hidden gem.
                                I hope you are right. It's rough when they play small school HS basketball and then no AAU. As an outsider his stats are not overwhelming, obviously not a big deal but gives me hesitation to be too confident right away. I am clearly not as excited as anyone who has seen him play.

                                I have seen Carter play and am excited to see him here. the position thing will be interesting to see how it turns out.

                                Also very excited for Henry.

                                Huge class.


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X